Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A word to the wise isn't necessary, its the foolish ones who need the advice...

The level of stupidity some people show astounds me...
For example, one guy who aside from making it his personal mission in life to lobby the local government in Ballarat to gain Marriage Rights for Same Sex Couples (nice idea, totally wrong way to go about it). But I digress, he's one of those people who has a half baked opinion on everything and sadly has people around him to support said ideas.
For example, when he and his boyfriend got into a car accident in their new (used) car, someone began a 'give generously' type fund on Facebook to help them out. -Mind you this happened right in the middle of all the flood craziness.
Gotta say, that made me just a little bit pissed off. Yes... they crashed their car and got a few minor injuries from it. Yes, they both had to take a little time off work thus reducing their income.
But come on, starting a help the moron fund? Thats a bit much isn't it?
I mean how many people do we see every day that truly need help because of some horrible thing thats happened to them. The accident was their fault, there are numerous bodies out there to provide financial assistance in these matters, I think its a little fucked up that someone asks people they don't even know to dig deep for a couple of kids who will be fine in a week or two.

Tonight, he gets on Facebook and starts blasting the QLD government about how disgusting it is that the people of Palm Island weren't evacuated because they couldn't afford a boat fare and posted a link to the article he read it in.
According to the article, these people chose to stay in their homes and not pay a fare. Still not ideal, but hey I'm sure if someone couldn't afford a $10 boat ride they wouldn't be turned away...

Maybe I'm just intolerant towards dickheads, but when will people learn that there is always more to a story than one persons opinion.
And I'm sure this one is no exception...

Now I'm not saying we start going out and killing people for being idiots, but I do think its high time we stopped putting warning labels on things and let the problem sort itself out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment