Thursday, February 24, 2011

This time last year

So with less than a week to go till I start back at uni, I've been sitting here for the last little bit reading back over some of my entries I wrote at this time last year.
It's funny how much things change in that space of time.

This time last year I was madly infatuated with a boy, looking forward to attempting to move to Melbourne and pondering what I'd be like as a father.

As it turns out, the boy broke my heart and for whatever reason he chose to cut me out of his life completely. At the time, that drove me nuts. All I wanted was to talk to him and find out why, I did pretty much everything in my power to catch his attention in an effort to try and lessen my pain. All I really managed to do was give him an excuse to push me further and further away. He still pops into my thoughts on very rare occasions, just my mind wandering and wondering whatever happened to some of the people from my past I suppose.

My move to Melbourne, well that was one hell of roller coaster ride! Still, it made for an interesting few months. And while it didn't quite pan out this time, I'm actually kind of happy about that. I made some awesome friends by staying in and around Bendigo which never would have happened had I of moved to Melbourne.
Again, it saw me loose a friend. But such is life right, I hadn't had much to do with her since High School. I guess it was no surprise to see that she'd changed, though from stories I've been told by some of her other 'ex' friends... She didn't change, I just finally got to see a nastier side of her.

As for my 'daddy' issues, well I can't really say they phase me too much. Babysitting Charli is a fairly regular occurrence these days, I love getting to look after her now.
It's the strangest feeling to have such a small little person be completely dependent on you... stranger still to be running around the house after them in an effort to get them dressed and their hair put up in little pig tails!

But that was last year... so what's stressing me out now?
In all honesty, not a hell of a lot. The last few days have seen me get rather organised and allowed me to cross a hell of a lot of stuff of my list of things to do.
All my Centrelink woes are finally sorted, I've posted off my enrollment stuff for uni, I have a car again (that hopefully won't blow up anytime soon *touch wood*), but most of all I'm actually happy for a change.

Actually, thats not entirely true... there is one thing that is bugging me at the moment.
I went to see Mo the other day and check out her new house, I realised something while I was there. She's white trash with little hope of ever being anything but.
I know thats a horrible thing to say about her, but while I was sitting there listening to her and her housemate/best friend talk it just hit me like a tonne of bricks.
Don't get me wrong, she's an awesome chick. But she's not really someone I would be able to introduce to any of my other friends (she just wouldn't fit in) and I kinda get the feeling that if I hang around her I'll just slip back into old habits.

I guess I have some soul searching to do after all hey?

3 comments:

  1. It is good to step back & reflect once in a while & it is easier with the blog to help remember things you may have forgotten. It was quiet a eventful year, why do you think I'm following ;)

    It does sound like you are being rather critical about Mo, but then you know more. "Back into old habits" you will have to tell sometime, they sound bad ooh :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day I'll let you in on that secret... but today is not that day.
    You're right though, it has been an eventful year, and I wouldn't change a thing! Well, except for maybe that one time when I bought a lottery ticket and didn't win.
    I'm thinking this one is gonna see me heading off on some grand adventures too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know thoughts on the past? Well whilst is a nice place to visit once in a while, you wouldn't wanna live there!

    Everything happens for a reason, every turn in lifes path, every crook in the road and every ripple on the ocean. Sometimes the reason is clear to see, other times it'll be years before you get the whole picture. I mean some things that have happened to me when I was young, lets say your age, seemed to have no reason, until now that is, when it is painfully clear, why such and such happened.

    Learn from the past, but down't carry it with you, enjoy thinking back, remembering how it was once in a while and then look forward to smile with relish and ENJOY how far you've come.

    Yours is the earth my son and everything in it.

    ReplyDelete