Ah stress and anxiety, how I haven't missed thee...
But given the disastrous day at work I had today, the fact that I'm 9 days away from the start of semester at uni and STILL not enrolled (thank you monumental admin stuff ups preventing me from doing so) and the usual general life stuff, I guess a bit of angst is to be expected really.
Today started, with a knock on my bedroom door... 10 mins before I had to leave for work, it was Mum checking to see if I was actually going to work or not. Gotta love that 'Oh dear fuck!' feeling you get when you realise you've hit the snooze button one to many times and you've gone back to sleep. Still, I somehow made it to work on time (in fact with 5 mins to spare).
I should've known that I was gonna have a shitty day purely by the reception I got when I walked in the door, my manager saying 'I was wondering if you were going to turn up'. Yeah, good morning to you too you dirty little strumpet.
This was quickly followed by a not so subtle reminder that I'm supposed to start at 6:45am, umm... that's strange cause I'm pretty sure I don't start getting paid until 7am. Please explain why I should donate 15mins of precious sleep time to yet another faceless corporate entity?!
From then on it was basically just her looking over my shoulder the entire time, thankfully I resisted the urge to throw sharp pointy objects at her (I can't stand having people just sit and watch what I'm doing then nit pick for everything I don't do how they want it done).
I'd been a little smart the night before and prepped all the desserts I was supposed to make that morning (cause I knew that the way the shift is structured I'd never have the time to do it all). Well, the manager didn't like that did she... apparently thats cheating and how am I supposed to learn if I cheat. Ummm, bitch you need to pipe down. It's not my fault that I have a brain and can utilise my time more effectively than you can.
Turns out it was a good thing I did too... cause I completely fucked up the horrible excuse for a 'Sausage Casserole' they forced me to make by burning it. I swear my manager let that happen just to try and put me back in my box a little...
I guess I'll know next time that I cook with her to remember not to create random things from by products of other dishes (she REALLY didn't like the fact that I started making a Plum and Vanilla reduction for the shitty plum tart I had to make). Apparently showing up ones manager in her so called domain is not the done thing in our workplace. Again, better get used to it... cause I ain't gonna loose my skills just because you don't know how to cook anything beyond casseroles and 'mystery' meat.
Still I survived my day, and despite her best attempts to piss me off I managed to show little more than a smile the entire day. Despite the fact that I was ready to fly off the handle at her.
I have a little surprise in store for her though that she's not gonna like, ah well one day she'll learn you catch more flies with honey than vinegar... hell maybe she'll even learn the difference between honey and vinegar too!
And my apologies for pretty much all of my posts of late being about venting my frustrations at work, but its occupying such a chunk of life atm that I have no other choice (well other than to leave it bottled up inside and having it explode).
Hmmmm, something that isn't work or uni related...
For the record I've sat here now for about 5 mins trying to think of something interesting to write about... its just not happening tonight. My brain is feeling like its been packed with cotton wool, guess todays efforts have been a little more draining on my personage than I originally thought.
Randomly... each fortnight I usually buy myself a little gift of some description out of my pay as a reward for sticking through some of the crap work puts me through. Usually its something I need just with a Nelo touch to it... like last week when I needed new undies, so I spent a couple of hundred on some new Aussiebums and 2xist trunks (Yes, I'm a trunk/boxerbrief guy) which make me feel just a little bit special whenever I wear them.
This week, I'm thinking I may splurge and buy the remaining Raymond Feist books that I don't have. That'll give me something to read of a night instead of laying awake in bed trying to sleep, and it'll be a nice reward... though I'm thinking I may need to buy a new bookshelf soon too cause mine is starting to overflow with my favourite books (the rest are sitting in the cupboard in the spare room).
And now I'm just rambling, but I have an empty mind now so all is good.
Night all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I is amazing how a bad start in the morning can already tell you how the day is going turn out.
ReplyDeleteRaymond Feist, is that Raymond E Feist? If it is I read the first two trilogies of his, Riftwar Saga & Empire Trilogy, also faerie tale. I liked the trilogies, but faerie tale was so out to the rest of his books. I still have them packed. Unfortunately I've not kept up with reading like I used to. He is one author I would start reading again, he is like a publishing factory, just never stops. At least one new book a year. I like fiction fantasy, so anything in this line would interest me.
I love posts like this, because they sound so much like my own life. It sure makes me feel less alone in this huge world. You get f'ed with, I get ignored and under utilized. Screw 'em, it's their loss. Except if they catch me asleep at my desk, there will be hell to pay.
ReplyDeleteYou don't need to apologize for negative posts...it's your blog, it's your space to vent!!! Your friends will not be put off, and who cares about the rest!
And LOL! I, too, buy myself gifts, not a regular basis, but usually towards the first of the month when I get paid. A dinner out, a new toy (this month will be an HD Radio adapter for my truck stereo)...but books are WAY up on the list, cause they're cheap and totally enjoyable over and over again!
GREAT POST, NELO!!! Thank you for making me SMILE!
Peace <3
Jay
Indeed it would be Kemptoo, Raymond E Feist is one of my favourite authors. I own all but 9 of his books (10 if you count the one thats about to be released).
ReplyDeleteFaerie Tale is a strange one, so out of his usual realms, but awesome in its own right. The Riftwar and Empire Sagas are two of my favourite series that he's written. Sadly the trilogy that he's about to release will be the end of the adventures of Pug and Tomas :( and with my other fave author Robert Jordan finishing his epic series in March next year I'm quickly running out of books to add to my must buy list!
But that may not be such a bad thing, at least it'll cut down on the ammount of books I need to pack into boxes when I move again. lol
@Jay, it just annoys me when people are so set in their own ways that they refuse to change. Some days I swear the kitchen at Avoca sits there and works out what needs to be done, then works out how to do it in the most round about way possible and add a few extra tasks into the mix just to make sure that there is no possible way for you to have time to scratch yourself. It drive me nuts because they won't listen to me when I point out how much easier life could be if they made a couple of tiny changes. But hey, who am I to make such claims? Afterall, I'm just a little boy in their eyes...
But you're right, its their loss... not mine!
It sounds like you need to get out of that place of work. If its doing nothing but make you unhappy then really is it worth it?
ReplyDeleteI love buying a whole stack of new undies all in one go. So well done you - although are we going to have a parade of Nelo's undercrackers ?
Don't get me wrong Jase, I love where I work... just not so much the days I have to work out at Avoca. But I'm trying to make it so that I get more shifts in Maryborough than out there so all will be good. All in all, its a pretty good place to work. But you know how there's always that one person who will rub you the wrong way? Well unfortunately, thats my manager out at Avoca. Meh, I can handle it :)
ReplyDeleteAnd no... there will be no parade of me in my underpants... lol
How about just the underoos without you in them??
ReplyDelete