I notice its been a while since I last wrote something on here...
So here goes, there's been a bit happening of late :)
Firstly, Summer has kicked in with a vengeance in the last couple of days. It's 1:30am here and according to The Weather Channel website it's still 26.4 deg. Cel. outside.
I'm not a fan of when the weather gets like this, it just makes everything muggy and humid and gross. Even now I can feel beads of sweat running off my body at times.
Work... well they spun me right out, Avoca actually offered me more shifts after I left a rather epic note in their precious communication diary that politely told them to get their shit together or they can forcibly insert their job into their anal cavity.
Best thing is, the manager offered to check out what I do on the crazy afternoon shift (because she did it one time and actually got out on time, as opposed to 2hrs later like everyone else seems to). I don't think she realises that if she's there she'll have no choice but to listen to my opinions on how to streamline the shift (or maybe she does). Either way, kinda dreading it but looking forward to it at the same time.
Been going kneeboarding with the kids heaps of late too (its the one good thing about this weather!) which has allowed for a number of positive things to happen a) I've finally dealt with my aversion to sunscreen, only took 27yrs but I am now more than willing to put it on without complaining b) develop something of a tan, so others are no longer blinded by the pasty whiteness when I take my shirt off and c) I can now do a few basic tricks and am quickly gaining my confidence to try more.
I see to have mastered the art of doing surface 180 and 360s and even to ride the board backwards. Next up, barrel rolls and aerial 180 and 360s :)
It's gonna be epic once I can pull them off, I just hope I manage to do it before Chris does... that way I get to brag about my prowess until he can better or equal me. Yup, I know real mature. But hey, boys will be boys right?
The only drawback to my kneeboarding efforts is the fact that for the next couple of days afterwards my muscles decide to remind that they still exist and see me struggling to do much. Nearly fell out of my car this morning trying to get out (much to the amusement of the tradie working next door!) because my leg muscles were so stiff from sitting that they just didn't want to move again. Ah well, I'll deal! Have also decided that I should probably start hitting the gym a little to bulk up (my new years resolution was to put on 10kg, and yes. I know how much you all probably hate me for that). Plus I'd like to gain some more strength in my upper body... and besides all that, it'll just look freaking hot :) I'm fairly toned as it is, so a bit of definition certainly won't go astray.
Uni is only a few weeks from starting up again for another year and I'm quite looking forward to it all really. I miss my friends and although to a somewhat lesser degree, I miss the craziness of writing assignments and attending lectures. Maybe I really am addicted to being a student, or perhaps I just have a latent obsession with furthering my own personal knowledge. Either way, every passing day brings me one step closer to my goal of finally completing a degree and standing up on that stage in my funny little hat and goofy looking gown. To becoming the first person in my lineage to complete a degree of this level...
Perhaps the most exciting thing of note right now is that of the random conversation I had with Mum the other morning. My little brother is a bit down in the dumps right now, work is doing his head in, he's not sure if he wants to finish his apprenticeship... you know, the usual stuff for someone his age. All he wants is a holiday, but with his crappy apprentice wage and inability to save money this just isn't going to happen anytime soon.
So Mum offered to shout him a holiday to Thailand with her, he wasn't too thrilled at the idea of going on holiday with his Mum though, so this quickly turned into an offer from my sister to come along and look after Mum so little bro could go off and do his own thing.
Mum thought this was a brilliant idea, but thought it was a little unfair that I couldn't come along as well... so she's offered to pay for me to go over with them as well.
So, it looks like Nelo is gonna be jetting off to Thailand in June for a few weeks.
Sounds like an ideal way to spend my winter holidays to me... lazing about on a beach somewhere drinking cocktails and checking out how other people live. Bring it on I say!
Now though, I think its time for me to head to bed... I need to sleep, so it looks like I'll just have to deal with this unbearable heat for now.
Love to you all,
Nelo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ohhhh there you are. I had missed you. Thought you'd got washed away by a cyclone getting lost or something.
ReplyDeleteGood to hear your holiday plans, well done on that sounds good. Sunscreen and surfing should go hand in hand so well done on getting ya mind round to use the stuff. Oh what a pickle with work, but hey if it was all going perfectly you'd have nothing to moan about! lol
hugs, xx
The nice thing about hot weather is that you don't need clothes. The unfortunate thing is that when other people are around, you do need them, unless they're naturists.
ReplyDeleteWow! Two great blog reads in a row! Well cool, Nelo! Work: Good! Life: Good! I agree about the hot weather - I never thought I'd be wishing for it, but I'm tired of the winter here. At least I can add clothes, but decorum (and the law) prevents me removing enough to get cool in the summer heat.
ReplyDeleteGood you're looking forward to uni - that attitude always helps.
Just out of curiosity, how old is your brother? It sure sounds like you'll have a busy few months, so stay cool!
Peace <3
Jay
lol @ the little bro question... I get that alot, I think the way I speak makes him sound like he's a wee little tacker. But in truth he's 23 (4 years younger than I am for those trying to figure out my age in relation to his)
ReplyDelete