So yesterday I made the most of my day off and went out for lunch with Casey and Charli. It was awesome to just be able to spend time with my friends and not have to put a time limit on things!
After lunch, Case asked if I'd help her practice her goal shooting for netball. Of course I said yes... what are best friends for?
Made me feel totally unco though, I used to play basketball for years as a kid. So the whole not moving with the ball and the total lack of a backboard when shooting threw me completely. I also somehow managed to hurt my shoulder, I'm putting it down to being double jointed and partially dislocating it again. Freaked Casey out a little bit when I told her I just needed to click it back in place again. Still hurts a little bit today, but nothing major. Should be right as rain for work tomorrow :)
Got home and started cleaning out my room, I've been shoving shit where ever I could find a free space for the last few weeks and could hardly see my bedside tables and chest of drawers as a result. But a rather large garbage bag later and it looks a hell of a lot better.
Best of all though, I finally got some time to begin reading a book I bought a few weeks ago... The art of happiness.
Quite an interesting read thus far... It's written by a western psychologist and his holiness, the Dalai Lama. So you get this amazing mix of Buddhist beliefs and western psych rationalisations for our innate pursuit of happiness throughout life.
I've only read the first 20 odd pages, but its already got me sucked in.
It also made me realise a few things about some recent events in my life.
Turns out what I thought was love and infatuation was really just me being happy to be around him.
So how the fuck did I manage to get it so wrong? Has it really been that long since I was able to actually glean some kind of blissful enjoyment from merely being in close contact with another gay guy?
Oh well, I guess you live and learn. Maybe next time I won't be so quick to stick labels onto my feelings and instead just roll with the punches (so to speak).
.jpg)
But enough of dwelling in the past... it's all about the here and now. And right now, I'm hungry... time to raid the fridge me thinks :)

I think raiding the fridge is a great idea and I'm gonna do it right now.
ReplyDeleteHappiness is a funny thing, sometimes it takes a lot to find and achieve, other times it takes very little to put a smile on our faces.
right now, reading your blog makes me happy.
Glad to hear my blog makes you happy :)
ReplyDelete