Sunday, May 9, 2010

To glee or not to glee?

'Everybody loves a winner, so nobody loved me'
Rather melodramatic way to start a blog entry hey?
In truth, it's because I was listening to the Glee soundtrack on the way to work... And I've had that song stuck in my head all day.

Actually, the only thing I'm a little sad about at the moment is that I can't do what I'd planned for Mother's day. I was going to do something I haven't done for her since I was about 10 years old... Make her breakfast in bed.
I was also going to bring her out to work with my little brother so they could have lunch together. That way I'd get to go out and sit down with them for a while...
But Mother dear seems to have the ever wonderful Ian over for the night.
So no breakfast in bed... I don't really wanna think of what I might walk in to see!
Andrew has already gone back to Melbourne, and be buggered if I'm paying for Ian to have lunch there!
Guess this means I'll just have to get her something on Monday instead...

It's a pity... I was kind of looking forward to making breakfast for her. As a kid, somehow she always ended up with cold, slightly burnt toast or something to that effect.
16 years later, I think I may have improved on my cooking skills a bit since then.
It's a bit of a lame present, but I thought if nothing else it would make her laugh.

Other than that, I survived another evening at work... Was actually quite good fun. And I didn't have to work till 3pm today, so I had the most awesome sleep I've had in a long time! Was nice to get to bed before midnight for the first time this week.
Now I just need to get through the madness that will be lunch tomorrow! The restaurant is booked out and to make it worse, the cantankerous owner is going to be waiting on tables tomorrow... I can see service having a few fuck ups tomorrow.

Speaking of sleep, it's high time I got some :) Gonna need it for work in the morning!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm not your mother, or even anyones mother for that matter, but you could always make me breakfast in bed. I'll wear my pj's so you wont see anything that would cause fright! Oh, mind you, I guess it would be cold by the time you got here with it! Darn, a flaw to my plan there!

    Mind you our mothers day over here in in March, so kinda missed that too.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I'd wanna be wearing PJs just in case I spilled the coffee...
    The other flaw being I don't think breakfast would make it through customs. Though would be kind funny trying to explain why I was attempting to take breakfast halfway across the world.
    I didn't even see Mum until I made it home from work about 30mins ago. I did get phonecalls from my brother and sister to ask if I could buy something for her from them... God I love my siblings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I'd love to see you explaining why you're taking that breakfast through!

    Glad we're both wearing our PJ's!

    ReplyDelete