Wednesday, May 26, 2010

From the tops of tall buildings...

So life just keeps turning up roses for me :)
Got my next lot of marks back, lo and behold... another 'A'
Again, not bad for something I was up till 4am writing up the night before it was due.

Anyways, finally managed to find time to sit down with my co-ordinator and discuss my transfer. Clearly he was in an awesome mood today, because he's going well above and beyond what I would've expected to help me out.
Aside from having a good laugh at the fact that I'd written my birth date downh as 07/09/2010 -He quite liked the fact that I was completing a Masters degree while being in-utero...
He also questioned why I wasn't enrolling to do my first round of field education next semester.
The reason being that I haven't completed one of the pre-requisite classes due to a stuff up with my enrollment earlier in the year. Rob couldn't understand why that would prevent me from doing my placements, so he's enrolled me in it anyways.
As well as that, he's trying to work it so that I can complete my last second year class in the semester break which will also mean I'll be able to complete my last 3rd year classes next semester.
There's just one little hitch with that though, I've gotta start Research 2 before Rob can approve me to enroll in Research 3. He suggested I apply to do it via distance education through another university, but the only place that offers it starts too late. But all is not lost... Rob is going in to bat for me to try and get it all sorted. Gotta love having such a supportive coordinator...

In short: I'll finish my degree at the end of next year... cutting an entire year of study off my degree :) GO ME!

Oh yeah, he's approved my transfer too! So now all I have to do is wait to hear back from Bundoora and then it's off to the bright lights of the city for me.

Could it be that I've finally got my shit together? I've returned to being the straight A student I usually am, I'm happy, I'm... I dunno what's the word for when everything is going so totally awesome that you feel like screaming it to the world from the top of the tallest buildings?

I knew if I could just stick out the rough patches that everything would turn out ok :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm grinning from ear to ear for you, which is pretty silly as my mouth aint that big, but you get the drift. Well done you. I'm pleased and proud and happy and shouting from the inside for you.

    You gotta make sure you carry on working hard, especially when you get to the big city with i's bright lights, alcohol, boys and distractions! Haha, am sure you'll be fine, you're a smart cookie, and don't let anyone tell you different.

    ReplyDelete