Why is it that whenever you stop looking for things they always turn up?
I'm not just talking about car keys or that illusive sock either...
My job for example... At the time, I'd given up on the idea of gaining some kind of meaningful employment before I moved to Melbourne, so what happens? One is presented to me on a silver platter... Even better, one that I actually enjoy and am having a ball at!
Same deal with potentials it would seem, the moment I swear off meeting new guys. I get flooded with requests from past flames.
I'm not interested in any of them other than just being mates. Afterall, there's a reason why their in my past and not in my present...
Still it kinda annoys me that all of a sudden I have about 6 different guys all fighting for my attention.
Worse still, the last two nights I've had an almost identical conversation with my Mum and my Sister... One of Mum's workmates has a gay nephew who is in need of a 'friend' so she's strongly encouraging me to meet up with him.
Same deal with Kara, only she's trying to set me up with her housemate. -Don't get me wrong Moon Dog is freaking awesome, but he's just not my type. He's more of a drinking buddy to me than a potential partner.
Tomorrow is gonna be one hell of a day, gotta go out to uni and with a bit of luck finally get my coordinator to sign off on my transfer. Then jump on a train to Melbs, go for lunch with my sister, sign my affidavit with Consumer Affairs, then meet up with Brat & Jimmy, Wayne and Deedle. Friday will be much the same, gonna do a run out to Bundoora and get the low down on accomodation options available out there and scope out a few things.
And to top off the week, it'll be 2 full on days in the kitchen. We have a conference for a Porsche club and some teacher's conference booked in the next day.
I don't know what's gonna be worse... middle aged men trying to compensate for their lost youth or teachers discussing strategies for better outcomes with student education!
As much and all as I'm looking forward to the next few days... I can't wait to be curled up back in my own bed on Sunday night either. I'm thinking a nice vodka based drink and a bit more of the Art of Happiness should top off the week nicely :)
Anywhoo... best I leave this here.
Still got shitloads to do before I leave tomorrow!
A final thought which appeals to my sense of humour and current essay overload:
'To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research.'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's probably better to be wanted than unwanted, I suppose.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the flurry of activity, and the relaxation to follow.