Thursday, May 27, 2010

Reality sets back in...

So the reality of what I'm about to do really hit home this afternoon...
I got a text from Case asking me to go out for coffee with her and Charli.
No biggie, was kinda cool actually considering I'd just gotten out of bed. What better way to start the day than coffee with your bestie (the fact that it was 2:30pm is irrelevant!)

The coffee date ended up with me getting 2 coffees and a couple of bits of chocolate cake (Death by Chocolate - How could I resist something with that for a name?) to take away as Charli had fallen asleep shortly after Case and I had made our plans.

Anyways, as I was sitting there sipping on my Grande triple shot latte with vanilla (yeah, I don't have a caffeine addiction at all), I realised that these impromptu 'dates' would soon become few and far between...
It's a little difficult to just drop in for coffee when you're living 3hrs away from your best friend.

I'm really gonna miss the two of them... I know Case will always be little more than a phone call away but its not quite the same.
I won't be able to sit down and talk shit with her while kicking back to whatever trashy daytime TV is on at the time. Nor will I be able to see Charli's antics or the way she breaks into a gummy smile every time she first sees me. I'm even gonna miss Chali's kisses (read open mouth over your nose, leaving you coated with baby slobber)

God, even as I write this I'm on the brink of tears...

But I guess everything in life changes at some point or another. I suppose its all about cherishing the moments we share together now, for who knows what tomorrow will bring.

So here's to coffee dates with best friends, to toothless smiles and slobbery kisses.
Although I may not be just around the corner anymore, I'll still be there when it really counts :)
And who knows... that knock at the door might just be me with a couple of coffees... You never know what tomorrow will bring!

3 comments:

  1. There are always good things that you have to give up when you make a change like this.

    Maybe you can meet halfway for coffee sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's alwasy the little things that mean the most when a big move is about to happen. Such as meeting for coffee, slobbery kisses, etc.

    I know this sounds strange, but long ago, when I was moving away from a dear friend, I took a photo of him. had it printed and stuck it to a little teddy bear. After my move, every time I felt down and low, I'd pick this teddy bear up and have a cuddle! Soppy, silly but made me feel better!

    Oh and you have great taste in coffee too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I was thinking of doing what I did when Casey moved... Get a massive picture frame and fill it with all the photos from the mischief and mayhem we all get up to :)

    I already have a teddy the girls at my old work gave me one day when I was having a shitty day. I apparently looked like a sulky 4yr old, so they gave me that to finish the look. They found it quite amusing to see me walking up the hallways with a teddy tucked under one arm!

    ReplyDelete