Sunday, May 23, 2010

Melbourne :)

So the last couple of days have been mind blowingly awesome, if not even better!
Melbourne was fucking ace!
It all started with me missing my first train... meaning I didn't get to catch up with my sister for lunch :( -I did however find the time to quickly call in to her work before running off to my appointment at Consumer Affairs.
A truly lovely sibling moment. I walked in and stated, 'My you're looking rather professional today sister dear' (I've never seen her in her work uniform before). Her reply 'My you're looking rather gay!' *Cue hugs and random intro to the girls working with her*
Has a quick smoke with her -Of course she bummed one of mine :) and then ran off down Collins St to my next appointment.
Got slightly lost... Turns out Consumer Affairs is in two different buildings (both across the road from one another). But made it in the end!
Was quite surprised at how official the whole process was... I figured I just needed to throw my signature down on a few pages. Nope, had to swear an affirmation and everything (I decided against the swearing on the Bible option).

After that, I spent the next 4-5hrs on an extended coffee date with Wayne. Most of the time we spent just randomly wandering around the city exchanging stories of the weird and wonderful things we've seen while working in hospitals. He won... it's hard to beat a patient presenting to emergency after attempting a self circumcision with a butter knife (Yeah, I bet you're legs just crossed at the thought of that one!)

Got a phonecall from Brat inviting me to go out clubbing with them later that night too. So once Wayne and I departed company, I made a mad dash to the shops to buy a shirt to go out in (I had packed for comfort, not for blending in with the fashions of a gay club in Melbourne). A few hundred dollars later, I emerged from shopping with a new pair of shoes, a shirt and jeans. -Why do I insist on taking my credit card with me!? (Although, I did look hot!)

So anyways, met up with Brat and his other half Jimmy for drinks and had a ball. They're already trying to organise for me to come down next weekend so we can do it all again!
Clubbing was quite amusing, turns out the 3 of us are avid 'people watchers' so we spent most of the night pointing out the strange things people were doing and having a bit of a laugh at their expense.

Friday was much of the same, I bailed on the idea of travelling out to what will be my new uni campus next semester (I was gonna go trawl their notice boards for housing) but decided I just couldn't be stuffed spending the better part of 2.5hrs sitting on trams to get there and back again. So instead, decided I'd just go run around the city and see what mischief I could get into. *cue message from Wayne* Turns out we were both in relatively close proximity (read, in the same massive shopping mall) so once again we did the coffee thing for a few hours before he had to run off to work.
I somehow ended up buying another pair of shoes...

Jumped on the train which was amusing in itself... A guy decided he'd go to the toilet, but forgot to shut the electric door before doing so thus inadvertently letting the entire carriage see him taking a piss. My personal favourite moment was his walk of shame as he returned to his seat.

Must admit, I was a little shattered when I arrived back here. Although I'm sure the novelty of Melbourne will wear off soon enough, I just love the fact that in the space of a day I've met 3 awesome new people to be friends with :)

Now to catch up on reading 3 days worth of blogs...

xox
Nelo

4 comments:

  1. A butter knife???!!! I hope they told him the thing to do next time he tries is to lay "it" on a chopping board, pull the foreskin as far as possible with one hand, and deliver a swift and mighty chop with a meat cleaver in the other hand (as close as possible to the glans, without actually cutting anything but foreskin). "Sawing" — as with a steak knife — merely increases the discomfort.

    Glad you enjoyed Melb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *my hands up* please can I come shopping with you next time! I love that kinda shopping, I never get just one thing, it must be written some place in the handobook for being gay - probably a whole chapter on shopping!

    Sorry I've not posted a comment for a day or two, being at work, I can't access your blog as it has the adult filter on it! :(

    Glad you had a good time, I wish I was visiting down that way again soon, I wish I could just nip down tomorrow lunch time on the number1 bus for a quick gander and back! Oh well maybe next year!

    Oh and is it safe to uncross the legs now?? Ouuch

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, I don't think putting the two of us in a shopping centre together would be wise from the sounds of it... God only knows what crazy arse stuff we'd walk out with!

    You'll be happy to know I took the adult filter off my blog too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed, I am glad, I can now read your mind from the comfort of the office!

    ReplyDelete