Today has been most fun, pretty sure I'm going to hell for consuming a steak today... But I think I may have already signed off on my one way ticket there anyways.
Anyways, I spent most of the afternoon with Casey and bubba. Always good! Except that Case is starting to get a wee bit stressed about the finer points of Charli's welcoming ceremony next weekend. It's funny how I remain completely calm and logical when organising other people's functions, yet when its something I'm putting on for friends I set myself impossible expectations.
My Halloween part last year was a great example of this, I think I'd imported things from 4 different continents just to ensure I had exactly what I needed for the event!
Anyways, when I got back from Casey's, Mamma decided to start on me. Apparently I'm not pulling my weight around the house and she hates that I just lock myself away in my room whenever I'm at home.
So, I let loose. I pointed out that she has ridiculous standards of what she considers to be a clean house and told her that we don't live in a hospital, there is no need to clean and disinfect every square inch of the place whenever someone walks in.
I also took the chance to illustrate to her just how unwelcome I feel being here, just the little things she does like not letting me have my hair product sit on the basin in the bathroom and so on.
Best of all was when I brought Ian into the equation, she still insists that I come out and greet him whenever he arrives. So I told her that that wasn't going to happen, that I hate the man (I believe I used the phrase, 'I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire') and that the more she forces him upon me the more likely I am to make him feel unwelcome in my presence.
Ironically, Ian turned up right in the middle of things. Mum kept yelling, so I told her in no uncertain terms that the conversation was over, stormed off to my room, got changed and drove off soon after (I love having my car back!).
I understand that I'm living in her house and that I need to follow her rules. But I just wish she would look at things from my point of view for once...
I'm not 4 years old anymore, and I wish she'd stop treating me like I was.
She thinks she's helping, but all she's really managing to do is push me further and further away.
We used to have an awesome relationship, now though it's just getting worse.
Ah well, I'm moving out soon enough... perhaps that'll save us, in the meantime I guess I've just gotta make more of an effort to be seen to be playing by her rules.
But that's not focussing on the good things that happened today now is it?
Dinner with Casey and co. was awesome, the food... not so much. But good company always make bad food seem OK anyways. Tomorrow is gonna be even better, Case and I are finally going to sort out taking casts of bubba's hands and feet! And work out the details of the welcoming ceremony. Can't wait!
There's just one thing that I can't figure out at the moment... and I wish he'd just tell me what I've done wrong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You should have had the shrimp! LOL
ReplyDeleteHey, moms are pretty much all like that at times, I think it's a mothers job! Mine was the same, although after one row like the one you've just had, my mother kicked me out of the house - it was 20th March and she said, you've got till the 5th april to get out" I asked her why so long, and she spit the words, "You've paid ya rent up until then"
ReplyDeleteI moved out the very next day! However, we're the best of friends now, we were soon afterwards, to be honest!.
Should have had the prawns!
*waves from England!*