Just got off the phone from my old boss (the catering one). Looks like I'm back in the game again for a while.
The manager of one of the local wineries (Google Warrenmang Vineyard for further details) is in a spot of trouble, his apprentice cut her finger today and so he's short a staff member in the kitchen and needed someone to fill in.
So who does he call but my boss, she couldn't do it so she rang her next best option... ME!
So tomorrow I'll be rocking up to work in a real kitchen at 10am. I can't wait!
It's gonna be awesome fun, fucking hard work, but fun none the less.
See Warrenmang is a little special for me, it's the first kitchen I ever worked in way back in the days of Work Experience in Year 10 (For those keeping count, that's some 11 years ago now).
As a bonus, the apprentice is out for the next 4 weeks as a result of her injury, so I might just pick up a bit of extra work. I also gave my boss the option of getting me back in the kitchen with her should she need it, something which she's jumped at.
I just hope I can keep up with the demands of working in a commercial kitchen again!

Nice!
ReplyDeleteIt won't interfere with your education?