Well it would seem I made quite an impression on the Chef at Warrenmang, he just called me back to offer me work for the next month...
It's always nice to feel wanted, even if it is just in a kitchen.
I'd like to say the same for other areas of my life, but I guess we can't have everything now can we?
June draws ever closer, and I'm starting to dread the day I have to move away.
I'm gonna miss Casey and Charli something fierce...
And I'm not entirely sure if I'll even have anyone to hang out with when I move.
Actually no... that's a dirty lie. I'll have plenty of people to hang out with, just noone to cuddle to at night.
But I'm used to that now too... One day I'll meet someone who isn't a head case or just wants to be friends.
After all, I'm fucking awesome.
June is gonna be all about new beginnings for me, a new town, a new life.
Time to say goodbye to those who hold me back and start living life the way I want to. No Mother to tell me I'm not doing well enough. No fair weather friends who just hang around when the going is good. And to those who keep me hanging on to feed their ego, well you've got a wake up call coming too.
There will be a few special people who I will keep in contact with of course, but to the rest it will be like I ceased to exist...
Packing up one's life and starting from scratch is a scary thought, but sometimes these things have to be done. And considering the alternative is to waste away here, I don't have much choice.
In other news, I can't wait till tomorrow! Charli's Naming Ceremony is gonna be so much fun...
Still packing death about my reading, but I'm sure everything will be just fine on the day. Nothing better than a few nerves to get the blood pumping :)
There is just one thing I'm not entirely sure how to deal with at the moment, but that'll sort itself out soon enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good news indeed, that you are wanted i mean. Great feeling and shows how good you are at the work! Well done you.
ReplyDeleteYou are right, it's hard to pack up one life and move to another, which is what you'll be doing, come June. I wish you luck for the big move, but I'm also sure you'll be just fine. You are strong, wise, clever and resourceful, so it'll be a breeze!
Hugs from afar.
Actually, it's a pretty fucking awesome feeling knowing that I've had the job given to me without the need to actually apply for it.
ReplyDeleteI'll make my own luck, I always do... All I need is a roof over my head and I'll work the rest out from there.
*hugs* Right back at ya buddy :)