Urgh... my everything hurts!
13.5hrs in a kitchen without a break will do that to you though... (My personal best is 17)
I learned a few things last night, the hospitality industry is rather discriminatory towards tall people. -Low benches make for a rather sore back by the end of a long day and an interesting shooting/spasming pain the morning after.
The other thing, if someone asks you to make Zabaglione from scratch with a balloon whisk, tell them to go fuck themselves! 30mins of constant whisking gave my poor forearms a rather intense workout to the point where it actually hurts to type with my right hand atm.
All in all though, it was a pretty good night. Aside from the all over muscular pain the only other injuries I sustained were a couple of minor burns (really gotta stop being a hero and picking trays up just after they've been in an oven) and a small cut on my finger. No idea how I managed that, I only noticed when I was squeezing lemon juice.
Now its onto my uni work... fun... two class presentations to do this week (one Tuesday, one Wednesday) and an exam on Tuesday afternoon. They do like to keep us busy...
The presentations won't be too much of an issue. One is a role play where I get to play a gay guy who's coming out to his parents (I don't even have a script, but somehow I don't think I'll need it anyways) and the other is just a rundown of what I saw and thought while I was sitting watching court trials the other day. As for the exam, well lets just say I'll be studying various theories on Social Work practice (read procrastinating because I hate studying and I usually pull off pretty good marks regardless)
So thats gonna make my brain hurt...
In other news, I'm really missing my friend. I know I'm the one who said goodbye, but I miss talking to him. Ah well, one day this mess will be forgotten and one of us will just say 'Hi'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Maybe the solution to the low benches is to get some kneepads and work kneeling. That way not only do you avoid the sore back but you get to laugh at all the people who trip over your legs. (Hopefully nobody steps on your calves. That could hyperextend your ankles rather painfully.)
ReplyDeleteAnd if you're the one who said goodbye, maybe you should be the one to say hi. When the mess is forgotten. If not sooner.
I sure can sympathize, I've just had the shift from hell at work too.
ReplyDeleteBut hey, if everything was the same we'd get bored right?
Hmm not so sure!
Hugs from England