It all started with a couple of Nurofen Plus -My new piercing is doing the normal thing of swelling like a bitch, so I took a couple of them to reduce the swelling a little.
So all was good until about 30mins later, then dawned the realisation that they contained Codeine. For those not in the know, I have a sensitivity to this wonderful little opiate.
Depending on the dosage, the side effects range from me being a little tipsy to sitting in a corner assuming the fetal position while little green men are running around the room.
So yeah, I rocked up to class looking like I was either hugely drunk or totally off my face on something. So not a good look!
Spent most of the day fighting back the urge to hurl my guts up and chugging down water to try and flush my body as quickly as possible.
Note to self: Always check the active constituents of one's medications...

Anyways, after class I managed to catch up with the ever wonderful Miss Stephanie.
She's had a bitch of a semester which has seen her appendix and a tooth removed. So needless to say, she hasn't been in class for the last month or so while she's recovered from her various surgical ordeals.
However, she was there today and so we caught up for a coffee and a farewell chat (this is the last week of semester for the 2nd year students, so I won't get to see her again)
All good, until out of no where... Dawn (AKA Christian Chick) appears. I'm beginning to think the girls in class were right, that she's somehow managed to implant some kind of GPS tracking system on me. She always seems to know just where I am and pops up out of thin air. -Kinda creepy really...
So anyways, right in the middle of me and Steph having our chat Dawn comes running up to say goodbye (AGAIN). Only this time she demanded a goodbye hug from me...
I don't know what it is about her, but she make my skin crawl. The idea of sharing a somewhat intimate moment with her like that just made me want to run and hide.
Plus, knowing she has a crush on me just makes me avoid any kind of moment like that.
So I quite nicely replied that I didn't think that was appropriate and that I wasn't a 'hug' kind of person.
It was a bit of an arse hole moment on my part too though as she was standing there with her arms outstretched waiting for me to hug her, which I ignored and quickly moved out of her reach making the excuse that I was going out for a smoke.
I'd like to point out that for me to do something so harsh is completely out of character for me... that she REALLY creeps me out.
I told Mum about it and even she made the comment that Dawn must have really over stepped the mark for me to do something like that.
After hanging round for what seemed like forever, Dawn finally left to go to her Christian Union meeting (the university's student Christian group).
So I spent the rest of the afternoon up in the library with Steph helping her finish off an assignment for one of her classes. God I'm gonna miss that girl!
In other news, I'm meeting my potential housemates on Sunday :) Can't wait!
They sound awesome! I've never really lived with girls before, so that's gonna be a bit of a shock to the system. But one of them is enrolling in Social Work next year and the other is an apprentice hair dresser... so me thinks I'll have a fair bit in common (they're also into all the stuff I'm into).
Dr Rob is still working his magic with my enrollment, he's actually doing some reasonably dodgy stuff to get this all pushed through for me! Love it! -Nothing that will jeopardise my enrollment, just some bending of rules so I can study the subjects I need to without having completed some of the prerequisite classes. Guess he thinks I'm capable of doing it otherwise he wouldn't bother...
And now for tomorrow, gotta go up to my old work to get a bit of first hand research done... Translation: Bring the receptionist a Hot Chocolate for perhaps the last time before I move, then talk to my old manager about Child Protection Services.

And so my friends, I leave you with love and good vibes being sent your way.
After all... if I'm smiling, so to should you be :)
xoxo
Nelo

I'm so glad you're smiling, it's nice. I can almost feel the radiance from here!
ReplyDeleteSorry you were a bit 'tom n dick' this am, but hey it's ya own fault! TeeHe, though I'm sure it would have been a fun sight to see you all woozy!
Eikks, that is something creepy about very Christian girls with crushes, I know I can remember my time with one! But nicely handled!