Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's happening again...

It would seem that which I've tried to avoid has happened again.
My grand plan of avoiding getting involved with anyone may have failed dismally.

It's only early days, but I'm really not sure about where this one is headed, and needless to say after the last mess I managed to get myself into, I'm treading softly and with great care.

So anyways... there's this boy whom I met a number of years ago on what we all lovingly refer to as 'gay camp'. -About 8 of the same sex attracted youth groups from all around the state met up for a 3 day camp to do a bit of socialising and discuss a few issues (as you do).

But I digress, I met young Mr J there and thought nothing more of it. Sweet guy, who was probably a little young for me (I think he was about 16 back then -He's 20 now for the record).

Since then he's popped back into my life at random a few times and we've gotten to know one another as friends fairly well.

Fast forward to the last couple of months....
J and I have spent a bit of time talking shit through the magic of Facebook (as all the cool kids do these days) with me threatening to drop in at his work to sample his coffee making skills.
It's become a bit of an ongoing joke between the two of us, because to this day I'm yet to actually do it (noone ever wanted to go in with me and I didn't really want to go sit and have coffee by myself).

But a couple of days ago, I open up my Facebook to find a note from him saying how much fun he thinks I am and with his mobile number should I ever want to say Hi.
I replied with mine and thought nothing more of it... I didn't even save his number into my phone -I figured I wouldn't hear from him for a while anyways, so I could just do it later.

So on Saturday, I was a little surprised to get a message from a number I didn't know asking how my weekend was going etc... the usual small talk.
I vaguely recognised the number and took a punt that it was J. I was right...

Anyways, since then the two of us have been messaging one another flat out.
Again, I didn't think much of it. Just two mates talking shit.

And then came tonight. I'm a bit of a flirt at the best of times, I do it without thinking really (it's gotten me into a bit of trouble over the years, but such is life).
I was talking about sticking a movie on and snuggling up in bed cause it was so cold, not really implying anything. His reply to that was 'Why don't you come here then and do that with me?' -That nearly floored me, I wasn't expecting him to have any kind of interest in me other than friends. Apparently I was wrong!
He's sick atm, so I politely declined using the excuse that I didn't want to end up with his festy germs. (In other words, that would be awesome... but I'm not ready for that just yet!)

As the conversation progressed from there (read more innocent flirting and banter from the two of us), I discovered that he's a bit of a fan of the video game Legend of Zelda (not unlike myself). So seeing as he's stuck inside for the next few weeks while he recovers from glandular fever, I offered to lend him my Wii console and a few games to keep him entertained.

Long story short, J is apparently so excited about this that he could kiss me. And I'm on my way over there tomorrow to see him.

What's this dear reader?
Could Nelo be misreading another possibly romantic situation?
Or is it something more?

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. He likes you. How each of you will feel about the other when you become better acquainted can only be known once you become better acquainted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhh you fool, he got the hots for you! He's got it big time!

    Good luck, play it cool, like you do, don't over think a situation - just go with the flow and you'll be right. Ohh you better keep us all informed.

    ReplyDelete