Monday, June 21, 2010

Friday

Had one of those really shitty nights where you wake up every hour on the hour. That drove me nuts!
Although sitting out on her balcony looking at the beach at 4am was kinda cool, both in temperature and awesomeness.
It's so strange looking down what is usually a busy street and barely seeing a car at all, not to mention just looking down on the beach itself.

Anyways, I gave up on the idea of sleep once Kara got up to get ready for work and so I sat watching trashy kids cartoons for a couple of hours before beginning my grooming routine and getting myself ready to go get my piercing.

So with an hour to go, off I went to catch the tram. Jumped on the wrong one... whoops! And ended up back in the centre of the city again. No biggie... I just caught the right tram and went back out to where I was supposed to be :)
But rather than having some time to run round Chapel St and look at all the ridiculously over priced goodies they have there, I just went straight to the piercing shop.

God I love that place! I especially love how it's on the 2nd floor of a building, with a lawyers being underneath it on the 1st...

Anyways, the guy asked what end I wanted on my piercing. So I explained that I'd just finished another semester at uni and wanted a gold star for effort. Unfortunately, he only had black so I went with that.
I also asked him if he could fix up the industrial that I'd had done because the guy that did it had used a bar that was WAY too short and the constant pain in my ear was giving me the shits.
That was no problem either, only thing was that he had to stretch the holes slightly to fit the new bar through.

Long story short... I have an industrial that fits properly in my ear, and a tiny little black star for a dermal anchor in the right side of my neck just under my ear lobe :)

The rest of the day was just random... caught up for a coffee with one of my mates, then went back to the city to say goodbye to my sister.

When I got to her work, she was flat out and her current potential was there (appparently he'd randomly popped in to say hi too!).
She told me to come back in 20mins and asked the boy to leave too (she was flat out).
So as we walked out the door, Matt turns and asks if I wanna go for a beer...

I'd never met the guy before, so I politely accepted his invitation -Meanwhile I was shitting bricks thinking the conversation was gonna be really forced and awkward.
Thankfully I was wrong, and 2 jugs of beer later we parted ways and I went back to Kara's work.
Apparently I smelt like a brewery! hehehe, so blamed that on her boy...

I'd like to say that was the worst thing that happened that day.
But no... as I was driving home I got stuck in peak hour and suddenly had the urge to go to the toilet. I figured I could hold on for a while, but as I was driving past Spencer St Station the urges got a little stronger so I quickly pulled into the paid parking area (thinking $5 for half an hour was a small price to pay for a little relief from my almost bursting bladder). Found a park and made the mad dash to the toilets.
All good... until I got to the top of the stairs on my way back and realised I didn't have my car keys on me. I nearly cried when I got back to my car to see them in the ignition still and then saw that the car was locked.

The next couple of hours was spent trying to find something to smash a window with (It was gonna cost $400 for a locksmith to come out) ironically, just as I'd found something... someone suggested I use a coathanger to break in instead.

DUH! Why didn't I think of that? I eventually did it, with a few strange looks from people as they returned to their cars.
So my 5 minute stop turned into a 2.5hr ordeal. I've never been so happy to hear the locks on my car click open!

Unfortunately, my little ordeal also cost me $30 in parking fees too :(

After that, I figured I'd best head home. Thankfully that was the end of my shitty luck for the day :)

2 comments:

  1. What a day, the star sounded so lovely, OK the pitfall sleep not so, but looking out on an empty beach at night, seeing a different view of the road and all that, sounds rather lovely to me. I like things like that.

    I wanna see a picture of the star...

    As for your trip home, well I apologize, I did have a little chuckle about it when reading, poor old Nelo I thought, though I know how annoying such things can be at the time, though looking back, it's rather a funny story.

    Loads of hugs for a nice new week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To top it off, I stopped in to get fuel on the way home and in my sleep deprived state, I drove off with my petrol cap sitting on the back of my car still. Imagine my surprise when Mum came in the next morning to tell me that my petrol flap on the car was open and the cap was gone... Just what I wanted to hear after I'd slept in and was late for work on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete