What a day!
Was up at 7am (OK, so it was more like 7:15am after I hit snooze a couple of times) did the mad dash to get ready to leave the house by 8 (again, was more like 8:15).
I'm still not used to the prep time involved with styling my hair... I used to be able to do the shove product through then comb.
Now it's a little more involved... blow dry, straighten, style. (Read: It takes a good half hour for me to have my hair looking pretty)
Anyways, after that I did a crazy run round the house making sure I had packed everything I needed for class, then drove off to the petrol station.
Nearly had a petrol tanker reverse into me there (The fucker couldn't get traction on the wet concrete and so began to roll as I was going past him!).
Then sped off to uni (thank the gods there weren't any police cars!).
I was devastated that I arrived 20mins late to my class... so I made a crazy run up 3 flights of stairs to my lecture theatre. Only to find the door locked, no class and no lights on. WTF!?
So off I go back down the steps again, ran halfway across the university grounds and made my way up to the nearest computer lab (another 4 flights of stairs later) to check my emails to see if there had been any room changes.
As soon as I logged in I noticed 2 emails from my lecturer... one with an itinerary that started from 10am, the other was just a random one she'd sent at 9:06am today.
*Penny drops*
Class started at 10am... I'd rushed over for nothing!
So still somewhat out of breath from my mad rush earlier, I went downstairs to the cafe and ordered myself the usual Large Double Shot Latte :) -Cause that makes it ALL better!
Class was interesting to say the least, we had to do an impromptu presentation to the class on 2 of 7 different newspaper articles we had been given over the course of the semester.
The catch? We didn't find out what we were presenting on or which particular articles until 5 mins before we were due to speak!
So off I trudged with my group to discuss what we were to say. I looked at it logically... we had 4 people, we were presenting on 2 articles and needed an intro and conclusion to our talk.
I suggested we just take a part each and go for it... But oh no, his lordship King Peter didn't want a bar of that. He just wanted us all to discuss it at random to the class.
As we were getting ourselves comfortable in front of the class, the aforementioned fuckwit turns to me and states that he will be introducing, the 2 girls were taking an article each and I'll be fine to conclude yeah?
I swear I was ready to kick him square in the nuts then and there. That man has given me grief from day dot, every single one of my suggestions has been met with rolled eyes and sarcastic groans from him. And now he tells me at the last minute that he wants to go with my original idea, but made out as though it was his. -Credit where credit's due buddy...
Anyways, concluding a talk for 3 other people when you have no idea what they're actually going to say is bloody hard!
Like insanely hard... I had to listen to what they were each saying and then manage to create something convincing from that.
I managed, and even threw in a couple of the lecturer's favourite topics for good measure.
The rest of the day was one of mixed emotions... I spent half of it saying goodbye to my class mates, half of it listening to how excited they all were about being on placement next semester and the other half counting down the hours till 5pm (yes, I realise there's 3 halves in that)
So yeah, thats my last day at La Trobe Bendigo. Bit of a doozy day hey?
But onwards and upwards! Gotta get my shit sorted for Melbs tomorrow and meeting my potential housemates :) -We've been emailing each other 20 questions and they both sound pretty cool. I'm rather excited about it all really!
It's also my sister's birthday on Friday... and I have no idea what to do for her...
Ah well, looks like I'll be winging that one too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Haha, I'm glad it's not only me that gets up early and heads in to work at the wrong time - though mine was a day early, but shhh.
ReplyDeleteI guess it just goes to show what a talented speaker you really are, if you can wing it like that, so well done you.
Have fun in Melbs, which I was coming with you, but hey I gotta do the shopping this lunch time!
*hugs*