Thursday, June 3, 2010

Challenges in Communication

So I'm supposed to be writing an essay, but there's only so much I can write on the communication challenges when dealing with an 82yr old Italian woman who doesn't speak English without wanting to open a vein!

Today has been most productive, went in to the Hospital to speak with my old manager about one of my assignemnts, and ended up having a bit of a debate with him surrounding the ethical issues to do with a case study I'm working on at the moment.
It's nice to know I'm on the right track with it all though, and he gave me a few pieces of info that I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to have seen... whoops!
He's also managed to all but write that particular assignment for me :)
-I knew there was good reason for keeping him on side when I left there!

Caught up with the girls too and discussed my plans for the next couple of months regarding my studies with them. They're quite impressed at my new found determination and passion for all of this...
Not to mention my insight into setting future goals and the little things I need to set in motion now in order to achieve them.

What next? Oh yeah... Safeway.
Had to go get some more chicken because Mum managed to fuck up a curry from a jar... How I'll never know, just that there was a massive not on the bench when I got out of bed this morning!
Anyways, while I was there I bumped into my old catering boss and spent the next half hour or so wandering around the supermarket with her talking shit.
Fuck I love that woman, she is completely insane with the feats she attempts but always manages to pull through by the end of it.
I fully credit her with me being the person I am today :)
Even Trace commented on how much my language has changed, there's no more of this 'if' or 'maybe' stuff, everything is now 'when' and 'I will'.

The rest of my afternoon was spent with Casey, she's really not liking the fact that I'm moving! I think she's going through the same reality check as I am at the moment.
Until now, it's all been pretty up in the air (and I have a habit of talking big but falling short). Now though, I'm really making this happen...
For the next 18 months, I'll be studying and then as soon as possible after that I'll be jumping on a plane to go live and work overseas for a few years.

She's scared that she'll loose her best friend... but I'm working on something to let her know I'll always be there when she needs me most :)

And thats about it from me really...
Nelo

1 comment:

  1. Sounds a good day. Productive and interesting. I love days like that, days when things just pan out well. xx

    ReplyDelete