Wednesday, June 16, 2010

No more essays... PLEASE!

I'm so sick of being stuck in front of a computer screen so this is gonna be uber short if all goes to plan!

My week thus far:

* Start/Finish a 3,000 word essay on Monday night before handing it in on Tuesday

* Start/Finish a 1,500 word case assessment plan using the Best Interests Case Practice Model for Child Protection on Tuesday night to hand it in today.

* Handed in our 1,000 word group assignment (which I'm happy to say I got a little help with in the end)

* Arranged to go check out a house in Heidelberg Heights tomorrow (Pretty sure I've got this one) -Unlike the previous house, I went to high school with one of the girls and have remained distant but good friends with her. (Oh and her little brother isn't considering moving in either)

* Got an extension on my last assignment (Law and Ethics 1,750 word case report) -With 6 assignments due in the last 2 weeks I was pretty stoked when Rob said I could have till Monday to hand it in :)

* Booked in to have another piercing done on Friday :) -I'm sure you all think its strange I'm rewarding myself by paying for someone to cause pain to my personage.
But I like that I'll have a shiny reminder of just how well I can rise to a challenge and succeed at it.

* Saw Prince of Persia last night... All I can say is WTF were they thinking letting Disney produce something like that? They should stick to Snow White and let the real studios do PoP some justice...
(That said, The Last Airbender (AKA Avatar) looks sweet as! Hopefully it sticks to the storyline of the cartoon it was based one) -Is it bad that a preview was the highlight of my movie viewing experience?

In conclusion, my week has been filled with a few late nights. But its been great fun! Despite the fact that I totally rushed some major pieces of work, I'm actually looking forward to getting my marks back for them. Most importantly though, I'm looking forward to my trip to Melbourne.

And I can't believe I've a) just used dot points in my blog and b) written both an intro and a conclusion for it.
I'm gonna stop here, partly because I need to visit the little boy's room before I make puddles on the floor, mostly because I'm afraid if I continue I'll start citing articles and be compelled to include a reference list written in APA style format.

Love to you all...

Nelo

1 comment:

  1. Ohh busy old week for you, well done, I liked those little bullet point updates.

    Glad these is no little brother, good luck with checking that house out, love the name of that location - makes me think of little twee cottages for some reason.

    I'm not sure an adrenalin rush just after pain is much of a reward myself, but, if it makes you happy then, hey thats cool.

    I would comment more but, you've made me wanna go to the little boys room too! xx Hugs

    ReplyDelete