Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Shave and a haircut... Six pence my arse!

What a day :)
Spent 2hrs at the hairdressers... Normally it's at least 3!
So I'm looking a tad emo now, but it suits me apparently. So I'm happy...
Best of all, I have ears again! lol, my hair was so long before that they were completely hidden...

Caught up with one of my friends who I haven't seen in years after that, gotta admit it wasn't quite so much fun as I'd been expecting. She hasn't changed at all, which to start with was good.
I bought lunch for us both, then just kicked around wandering randomly in and out of shops for a bit. Which was good, except that I got sick of hearing her whinge about the lack of money she has... She even dragged me into a job search centre so she could update her resume. So not fun!
Specially when she got a phonecall from her Mum and had an arguement with her... Makes me wonder if I sound that way when I'm arguing with mine. She just went nuts and started yelling at her down the phone all because her Mum asked her if she was still going to be in a bad mood when she got back.
Anyways, my friend has grand ideas of moving in with me when I move to Melbourne. Initially I thought it would be a great idea, the two of us used to get along like a house on fire.
Meeting up with her today though, I don't think I'd last a week before wanting to cause serious harm to myself or her... but how do I tell her that?

I guess some people just grow apart over time... my interests lie elsewhere now. She's into girls, music and is generally a bit feral.
Me? well I'm into boys, my studies and trying to make something of myself.

But anyways, did something a bit random and spontaneous today too... While I was hanging out with my friend I decided I was going to get a new piercing (well, one that I'd had done before but taken out because the boy I was with at the time didn't like it).
So yeah, I went and got an Industrial piercing in my left ear. Love it!
Nothing makes you feel more alive than feeling a 16g needle being shoved through your ear in two places and having a 32mm bar put through (so clearly that's not everyone's cup of tea, but my god the adrenalin rush is fantastic!) -I'm already trying to figure out what I want done next :)

And what does my friend do? Complains that she doesn't have any money and tries to guilt me into waiting until she gets her next welfare payment so she can get a piercing as well... ummm, hello? how bout no!



It's aching a little bit at the moment, but these things are to be expected!
The guy that did it was funny as all hell, nothing better than a bit of light humour to ease one's mind in these situations... I think I may have freaked out the apprentice chick a little though. *note to self: Don't offer to scream dramatically for effect*

Finally, it's my last day of class on Tuesdays this week... Bit sad really, it'll be the last time I see the 2nd years... I didn't get round to baking stuff this afternoon either. Partly because I chickened out and figured it would be a bit strange rocking up to class with a basket full of random baked goods, but mostly because I was utterly drained when I got home!

So it'll be my first round of goodbyes tomorrow... I guess this is what Adler was referring to in his text when talking about the 'mourning' phase of working in groups.
Quite aptly named really considering how I'm feeling about it all right now.
Think I might have a quiet word to Fiona after class, just to say thanks. She's been an awesome lecturer, and I'm glad she gave me a second chance this year after my shitty effort last semester.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh my one word Ouchhh! That's what that photo says to me. Pain pain and just a little bit more pain.

    But as long as it makes you happy, I'm happy for ya.

    Yep, it's a horrible realisation thay you've grown apart from a friend that was once so close, or shared so much with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just don't understand the piercing thing. and Bob Dylan says, "Don't criticize what you can't understand," so I guess I'd better say nothing about it.

    It may not be easy to tell former friend you don't want to have her living with you; but if you don't you'll have nobody but yourself to blame. I would find it extremely difficult to do that, and I might even end up suffering in silence. So I don't envy you on this one.

    word verification: ratings — which would be high if you and the former friend lived together on a reality show: people would love the drama

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's extremely difficult to explain the rush one gets from getting a piercing... Each of my piercings has some special meaning to it for me.

    I've already started on working my way out of the whole moving in with my old friend situation. And I think she's slowly getting the picture :)

    There's no way in hell that I'm going to suffer through this one in silence. Melbourne is all about nuturing the happy me... So not about to poison it from the start by putting myself in a toxic environment!
    I just wanna make sure she saves face here a little... At the end of the day, she's still a friend. Even if we have grown apart...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you've moved on and way from her moving with you and in with you in Melbourne.

    Fly free my pretty, is what's in my head, fly free, it's your time to fly solo and free. But that could have something to do with the glas of wine that's going to my head!

    ReplyDelete