Well today has been fun, quite relaxing really...
Especially after my weekend, decided to have a drink with Mo (the awesome apprentice at work) which kind of turned into us drinking 3 bottles of red wine. The next morning was quite amusing, cause she was seedy as all hell and had to go to work. I on the other hand got to lay in bed and watch dodgy Sunday movies and the worst I got was a bit of a headache (its the closest thing I get to a hangover!).
Anyways, my friend had a baby boy on Saturday. So welcome to the world little Lucious!
I went up to the hospital to see her today, and while I was waiting for the nursing staff to finish doing their obs and stuff I took a seat in the maternity ward waiting room.
Boy did I get some strange looks from my old work colleagues! I swear half of them must've thought I was the father of some random child there.
I did see a few things that amused me while I was waiting though, namingly the pamphlet on the importance of using condoms... Is it just me, or does it seem a little redundant to have that in a maternity ward? -It's like congratulations, you've just had a baby... now, have you considered using condoms in future? (Really not such a bad thing considering some of the 'parents' in this town.
The other thing that got up my nose while I was waiting was the discussion I had with the Ward Social Worker. We were talking about uni (she finished the course I'm doing last year) and as we were talking she was telling me how she was thinking about going back to study again. I figured she meant she wanted to do a post grad degree and get her Masters or a Doctorate or something, but no... she wants a career change and is considering becoming an OT (Occupational Therapist).
The part that pissed me off about that was her reasons behind it, which boiled down to Tim... my old manager.
She was a new grad when she started working for us, so she wasn't the most confident person when it came to performing assessments and things, but I took her under my wing and showed her what was what. As did a few others, which seemed to be going fine.
But since I've left, it just seems like staff have been dropping like flies.
And all because of Tim...
He's a dickhead, and is probably one of the most hated men in the entire organisation. He plays favourites, he makes the most inappropriate comments and takes credit for everyone elses ideas. The thing that really annoys me though, is he always blames others for his fuck ups, and if that can't be done then its 'Sorry, it must be my Asburger's Syndrome'.
In short, he's possibly the worst manager I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with, to the point where I would actually seek out other managers to help me whenever possible.
It just annoys me that the hospital has lost so many fantastic employees because of him, and no matter how loud we yell and scream nothing is ever done about it. So people get fed up and leave. Great way to fix a problem hey?
But that's being rather negative, I'm sure he makes a great husband, father, friend and perhaps even a great social worker (he used to be the lecturer for the Law and Ethics class I just finished). But he makes a terrible manager. He just seems to lack the ability to well... manage.
In other news, the countdown is on... 21st of July is when I get my results back for uni. It seems like so far away right now, so I'm gonna do my best to forget about it.
And yeah, thats about it from me.
So love to you all
xox
Nelo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment