So it's nearly 4am... Why am I awake at this ungodly hour? Because for the first time in god only knows how long, I was in bed before midnight and my body decided it didn't want to sleep past 3am.
So I've indulged in a quick midnight feast, of the hit and run variety. Gotta say, a few biscuits is a pretty lame attempt compared to what I would normally do!
But for the first time in like forever, there was nothing decent in the fridge. Geez, how am I supposed to create my gastronomic masterpieces if there's nothing there? That's like telling a painter to create a work of art without a canvas or paint!
So for the last hour I've been playing cards, checking my Facebook and reading all about the wonderful Tim Burton exhibition that they're holding at ACMI (Australian Centre for the Moving Image) in Melbourne.
Gotta say, it looks AMAZING!
The best bit? I'm taking Mr J down to see it just as soon as he's better.
-I'm not sure if its supposed to be a date as such, but it'll be cool just to hang out with him some more.
But before I go off into another in depth analysis of what is happening between the two of us, I'll jump topic :)
Casey invited me round for dinner tonight... She's one of few people that don't freak out at the thought of cooking for me, so she gets instant bonus points for that!
As it turns out, she can cook a mean lamb roast! I'd say it was as good as, if not better than Mum's. Except maybe for her selection of vegetables... But hey, that's just me. Roast potato, pumpkin and corn is great, not everyone is like me and goes the whole hog with roast parsnip, pumpkin (skin on), potatoes, baby beetroot and carrot. Served of course with minted peas on the side :)
-Damn, thats making me hungry again!
The best part of all though? Charli has finally started to crawl!
Still love the fact that she smiles her gummy little smile as soon as I walk into the room... though I gotta savour the moments now cause she's started to sprout teeth too.
Even got to help bath her... and by that I mean Case did the washing, I just sat on the side of the bath and played with Charli's toys with her.
It almost makes me want a child of my own... maybe one day...
I'm feeling a bit lost at the moment, what with the not having uni and all. It just seems like I'm stuck in an eternal weekend. I know I'll be complaining about having to go back to uni, but right now I'm struggling to adjust from my crazy study mode to holiday mode.
-I'm sure I'll settle in soon enough. A few coffee dates should sort me out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hehe, enjoy your midnight snack, my dear boy. Pumpkin.....not sure about that, but roast tatties and nips is lovely - hold the lamb tho.
ReplyDeleteHope you drift off to the lad of nod soon, have wonderful dreams.
I'm sure you're gonna have a great time with the Tim B exhibition, what a thrill, I love his stuff. And you with your Mr J, coool.
Just enjoy, ok, don't over think it, don't pressure yourself with is it a date or not, just go with the flow and enjoy.
Hugs loads.