So much has happened in the last few days that I thought I'd break the posts up according to the day it happened...
Went down to check out the house my old high school friend lives in.
I freaking love it! Sure, it's not all ultra modern and sleek like the other house I looked at, but I kinda like it. It's full of little quirky things and character.
Plus I love the fact that it has a small laundry chute. I've already told her I have first dibs on sliding down it drunk :)
I'm guessing the house was owned by Italians in the past cause it has the most amazing little mini orchard of classic Italian fruit trees. I particularly like the fact that it has a lemon and a lime tree, now all I need is a tequila tree and I'll be set!
So yeah, after a 5 minute tour of the house, we sat down and caught up over coffee for an hour or so. It was almost as though no time had passed at all, despite the fact that I've probably seen her all of 4 times in the last 10yrs.
Long story short... I'm applying for the house. Just gotta work my way through the application form for the real estate agent. It's nuts! I'm half expecting them to ask for a blood and urine sample to accompany the forms.
Left the house, and went on a massive mission to pick up my sister from the middle of the city *cue feelings of impending doom* -The idea of driving through Melbourne's CBD is not high on my list of things to do. I'm much more comfortable walking and using public transport to get around the city itself...
After driving round for about 20mins I eventually found it though. And I'm happy to say, I'm no longer scared of the CBD!
And so ends Thursday... Next post, the craziness of Friday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love the notion of you having a tequila tree to add to the lemon and the lime. If you can grow one, then I'm coming for a visit. Next tea break probably!
ReplyDeleteBunged up with flu at the mo, so maybe next after the snots all gone.
Oh on to the next part now.