Friday, June 4, 2010

Back to the drawing board...

Slight setback to my plans this morning...
My potential housemate messaged me this morning to say they'd found someone else :(
They must've been bloody good! How can they hold anything to me?
The fun loving, smiling, crazy little chef/masseur/social worker.

lol, it sounds like I'm trying to convince myself that I rock doesn't it?
Strangely, I already knew... and over the course of this semester I accepted that fact.
The concept of self love has finally replaced that of self loathing :)

But that's a tangent I can explore another time!
Meanwhile, I'm back to the drawing board... I felt like shit when I woke up to that particular text message this morning. But I got over it pretty quickly.
As the old saying goes, Men are like trains... oh wait, wrong saying...
There's plenty more fish in the sea!

So I've signed up with another couple of online flatmate finding sites, so fingers crossed they'll turn up something decent soon. -Everything either seems to be horribly cheap (read dodgy house, dodgy suburb, dodgy housemates) or WAY too expensive for me to afford at this point in time.

So for the moment, my trip to Melbourne has been postponed... I didn't really see the point in going to Melbourne when I didn't really have any hard and fast plans. Plus, I have essays to write!
As painful as they are, I think it's a much more sensible idea for me to get them out of the way rather than partying it up in the city.

My ear is healing up well, and I'm happy to say I've had no more medication mix ups since the other day!
Definitely treating myself to a piercing once I get my results back to say I've passed this semester :) -I'm thinking a dermal anchor placed just behind my right ear lobe.
Don't you just love my idea of what constitutes a reward?

Still working on a design for my Krispy Kreme cake for Mo the awesome apprentice too.
I'm thinking it'll just end up as a pyramid of some description with a few mini donuts on florist wire poking out of the top of it for added effect :)
All served with a few lattes of course... after all, whats a donut cake without coffee?

I'm also trying to decide if I should put a photo up of myself on here...
Opinions loyal readers?
Should I go on letting you imagine what I look like? Or would you prefer me to shatter these illusions with the cold hard truth of reality?

3 comments:

  1. The reason for not posting a photo is that somebody that you'd rather not be out to will see it and recognize you. So if you don't care who knows you're the author of this blog — or if you think the possibility of the wrong person seeing your blog is so remote as to be negligible — you might as well show your face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone who came across this blog would more than likely recognise the names and nickname I've used here anyways.... The being 'outed' thing really isn't an issue.
    Just thought I'd do a Jason Shaw Random 5 on the 5th and throw up a few of my more random photos of me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to your random 5! I'm sure it will be entertaining, to say the least.

    Sorry about you're moving plans having a bit of a tumble! In my experience, when one door closes, another one slams shut in ya face! No, something else turns up, proving the first thing wasn't meant to be anyway!

    I'm sure you'll be just fine, with all that self love and confidence, how can you fail?

    Hugs anyways xx

    ReplyDelete