Friday, June 11, 2010

Lost in the big city.

Dear Google Maps: Suck my balls! I thought you knew everything...
Apparently not! It took me the better part of 3.5hrs to find the house I was looking for!
And why? Because I was looking for the 'Northern Ring Road' (We have about 5 different Ring Roads in Melbourne) -Turns out what I needed was the Hume Freeway/Princes Highway Exit.
So yeah, I ended up in Coburg (about 30mins out of my way). Thank god I had packed a map book otherwise I would've been screwed!
Made it back to where I needed to go and resumed using Google's directions... BIG mistake!
I ended up driving too far AGAIN, this time because I was looking for a roundabout that didn't exist. Not to mention streets that had since changed names...

Meanwhile, I'm getting texts from my potential housemates asking if I'd decided not to show up! -Way to make a good impression!

Finally made it there at about 8:30 (only an hour later than what I'd expected).

So the house yeah? OMG it's fucking amazing!
It's exactly what I wanted... a 2 story townhouse in a quiet little street. Close to the shops and only about 10mins away from uni.
My en suite is small, but has everything I need (mirror, basin, shower, toilet) and the room itself is just awesome. The house has central heating and I have my own air con in my room :) as well as built in robes. Loves it!

The kitchen, well I nearly creamed when I saw that. It's HUGE and will be perfect for when I get the urge to go on some crazy baking rampage :)

The whole place just seems awesome. The people seem awesome. -Its pretty easy to see who wears the pants in the relationship with the two of them. He's really quiet and she's all this is how it is.
But maybe that was just because she's the one who I've been emailing...

Anyways, I find out sometime over the weekend if I get to move in or not (fingers crossed!). But even then, I have a few other options available to me...

I was planning to crash at my sister's again last night, but she had a 'visitor' so that was out! Messaged my little brother, who said it was fine just so long as I was there before he went to bed at 8pm. Yeah... that was gonna work. But he didn't wanna budge so I just told him to go fuck himself and that I'd drive back home straight after.
Strangely enough, the drive home was fine... not one wrong turn! And only 2hrs to get home instead of the 3.5 it took me to get there!

And now its back to my essays... I'm starting to get a little stressed. So much work to do... but I'll manage :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, what a drive, Google Maps is pants really, I've heard many stories of people using it and getting very lost on roads that don't go where they are supposed to, into lakes and all kinda things, so it's a miracle you got there at all!

    The house sounds good, so fingers crossed they thought you were awesome (how could they not?) and have you as the next roomie.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete