The bizarre thing about this post, is that I know LX will read it at some point in the near future. Hmmm... now where have I heard that before?
Either way, I spent more hours than I can be bothered counting on public transport today. Not that I really mind that at all, I have a knack for falling asleep on trains that makes long journeys go by rather quickly. Besides that, it was nice to do something a little different for once!
I really wasn't sure what to expect when I got there though, after all things went a little pear shaped the last time we met, but it all seemed to go fairly smoothly. And LX was right... the 7 or 8 hours we spent together was just right.
None of this lets spend 3 days together when we meet for the first time!
Today was just a couple of mates spending an afternoon together watching dodgy murder mysteries (still a little disappointed that it wasn't Colonel Mustard in the Library with the Candlestick, but oh well).
Granted we blurred a couple of lines, but even that seemed to go OK.
In fact, I think I freaked a little more than LX for once!

Ironically, he's worried about hurting me... but I'm more worried about hurting him.
I kinda like this slow progression of things though. Right now, I have an awesome mate who I get to cuddle on the odd occasion (what's not to like about that?). If it doesn't work out, then so be it... I'll still have an awesome mate at the end of the day.
And as strange as it may seem, I think the distance between us works here for the moment. -We don't have the option to jump head on into things and start seeing each other every day (I don't think either of us really want that right now anyway), so we're forced to do a whole lot of talking and then a little bit of face to face time to ease into it all. And if it means one of us has to travel 3-4hrs, then so be it. Just gives me more time to study :)
Normally, I would try to make some subtle and coded remark that only the person its directed at would understand.
But I'm a wee bit past that at the moment.
So... LX, don't stress. Whatever happens happens. Just be honest about what you're feeling and I'll do the same.

Sounds good to me.
ReplyDeleteI think I can fall asleep more readily on trains than planes. But it's hard to be sure. It's years since I've taken a train ride longer than 1 1/2 hours, but I have trouble falling asleep on transoceanic flights, whereas I always slept on comparably long train trips.