I'll warn you now, this isn't gonna be pretty... I'm tired and grumpy and sick of the shit that gets thrown in my face. So bare with me while I go off on a rant...
Today started like any other Tuesday, with my alarm going off. I had been lying in bed awake already thanks to Mum waking me up early this morning.
Seeing as I had a bit of time to waste (I normally factor in a good half hour of hitting the snooze button) I figured I'd jump on Facebook to see what had happened while I was asleep.
Two things jumped out at me, the first being that I had a friend request from someone who fucked me over and hurt me rather badly last year.
The second, a reply to a message I'd sent last week to one of my little brother's mates who owed me money still from a concert we all went to in February.
Turns out he'd given the money to my little brother weeks ago, I just never got the chance to see it before the little fuck head pocketed it -Though it does explain why he was never in a hurry to ask his mate for it back!
So that's now a good $400 I loaned to my brother that I'll never see again.
This pisses me right off because he knows that I need that money now (I got the bill for my car today... $950).
Part of that money went to paying for him to attend Trade School, because his boss had screwed him over and didn't pay his wages on time so he was left broke and unable to afford his fees.
I was his only option, he was getting his latest apprenticeship payment sometime in the next week or two and he'd agreed to come home to finish fixing my car in the middle of his 2 weeks at Trade School, so I agreed to lend him the money with the understanding that he'd pay me back as soon as he can (the boy was in tears because he thought he wasn't going to be able to go).
Now to the bit that really shits me about that whole situation, I can't stand when people lie to me... Especially when its family and even more so when I put myself out to help them.
He didn't fix my car, instead he made it worse and told Mum and Dad it was my fault because I'd refused to buy a DIY manual to fix it -Something else that pissed me off, because I have the original mechanics servicing manuals for my car stored on my computer and when I offered to get them for him he went off his nut and said he didn't need them.
*Rant Alert*
You know what? You can go and fuck yourself! I've helped you out for the last time...
It's a terrible thing to say, but I would die a happy man if I never laid eyes on you again. More because I'm afraid that if I do, I won't be able to control my temper and you'll find out just exactly how it feels to be at the mercy of my rage.
You lie, you steal and you expect me to just bow down and worship you like a god. That's not what family does...
For years you've called me a leech and worthless, perhaps its time for you to take a good hard look in the mirror dear brother. I think you'll find your own reflection to be much more fitting of that title!
*End Rant*
So anyway, I went to uni today which I've really been enjoying of late.
Little did I realise that it was just gonna get worse...
As I was crossing the Car Park to go to the cafe on campus, the Christian Chick spotted me and said hi. I was pleasant and said hello back and quickly explained that I was just off to get a coffee before class.
She decided to follow... again, not annoying... But I have a tendency to walk fast and clearly wasn't interested in hearing the same stories for the 10th time nor did I want to hear about her Bible Study Camp on the weekend. I JUST WANTED COFFEE!
Anyways, I was powering along being mindful that class started in 5 mins. So she starts sooking that I was walking to fast and could I please slow down... *groan*
So now I was forced to listen to her inane chatter while I got my coffee and we made our way to class.
Then she decided to sit with me, which normally would have been OK, except that my other friend from that class wasn't there today (she normally keep Little Miss Christian under control) so I had noone to play buffer for me.
My one reprise was that we had to break up into our groups for our class presentation (thankfully, she wasn't in my group for that!) so I got at least 30mins relief from her and got to speak with people who's life doesn't revolve around studying.
This in itself was interesting as the Christian Chick had made me an origami strawberry when we first walked into the class room. My group members commented on this, throwing up the idea that she may have a thing for me.
I laughed and told them that I had been pondering that myself and pointed out that she knew I was gay so surely I was just being overly sensitive...
The rest of the 4hr lecture I was stuck with her, the 20 min break in the middle of class I was stuck with her...
For the group work we did in class, same deal... That REALLY pissed me off something fierce.
See the group activity this week was to role play some of the skills we'd been talking about in class (Open questioning, probing etc). I let her play the client first knowing that I already had much experience in the activity and figured she'd be able to see how it was done.
She sat there the entire time bitching about how much she hated role playing, so I ran with it and started questioning her about it as though that was the issue she was presenting with. I was doing pretty well, I don't think she even realised either of us was actually doing it. Came time to debrief and she made the remark that I was gonna make a shit social worker and that I was a terrible person.
Boy did that make me see red!
We swapped roles after that and I was so pissed that I took on the role of one of the most difficult clients I've ever had to work with, I stone walled her and told her she was about to learn how to become very comfortable with silence because I didn't feel comfortable discussing anything with her.
I caved in the end and gave her something to work with though, BIG MISTAKE!
She is so insensitive at times its just not funny, she drilled me on one tiny little thing that I clearly didn't want to speak about (I was using me failing the class last year as my topic). I gave her every chance to realise, I tried changing the topic, deflecting the questions, diffusing with humour but no... she just kept right on with WHY? WHY? WHY? -Considering the exercise was about active listening, IMO Epic Fail to her...
I even made a point of wanting to work with someone else for the next activity we did, but because she couldn't be bothered moving and I couldn't move from my seat unless she did I was stuck with her.
The rest of the class dragged on until it was finally over, during class I figured out my friend was in the library studying so I tried to give the Christian Chick the hint that I just wanted some time out but no... she had to follow me.
In the end, I 'went to the toilet' and just didn't return...
I got a message 20 mins later asking what I was doing, my reply... 'Indulging in some retail therapy' -She'd pissed me off that much that I got in my car and drove to the local Shopping Centre just so I didn't have to be around her!
Met a mate there for lunch and skipped my next class (the lecturer just reads straight from Power Point slides anyways, so I knew I wasn't missing much).
To top off my academic day, we got our marks back for the group presentation on Adoption from the week before. Our group's score? 6.5 out of 10 -Just passed
This annoyed me because our tutor had given us all a few general tips, most of which I had honestly done in my part of the presentation ie. Just use key words on the slides, not reading from your notes the whole time, relaxing and just having fun with the talk.
Then I read the feedback she'd given us, that the history and legislation parts of our talk were confusing (I can live with that, two massive areas to cover in 2 mins each was always gonna lead to something being left out). The last point was to avoid using Blogs as a resource...
No shit! Who in their right mind references a Blog article in a piece of academic writing? Shit... half our lecturers fail us outright for using Wiki as a reference!
I guess in the end the mark doesn't matter too much, it's only 10% of the final mark after all. It just annoys me that because of the stupidity of some of the group members we lost marks (one of the girls had put the reference list together, so I didn't get to see it until it was too late).
Now I've gotten all that out, I feel a shitload better... so if you're still with me, thanks!
Nelo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey, I loved the rant about your lil bro and all that. I feel for you , I have two older brothers, so I had different aspects of the same story. I guess, it just proves one thing, you choose friends, you can't choose family!
ReplyDeleteThat Christian chick sounds way too intense. I've found something along the lines of saying "I kiss men where they pee and fuck where they poo" usually gets Christians off my back for a while!
Hugs from England!
lol, that's awesome! I took the less than subtle approach of pointing out how hot some of the PE students arses looked in their jeans, but seeing as that didn't work maybe I'll try yours!
ReplyDeleteSometimes the subtle way works, other times, be brutal, never unkind, just brutal with honesty!
ReplyDeleteAlong the same lines as Jason Shaw, maybe say something like,"I don't want to talk to you right now. Please leave me alone." The only problem with that is that it suggests that you might want to talk to her some other time.
ReplyDeleteIf you can change seats, that should help.
The fact that you're gay obviously doesn't daunt her. Maybe she thinks she can save you. More likely she's just very attracted to you. And unfortunately, it looks as if she'll force her company on you every chance she gets. So you've got to tell her to leave you alone.
Yeah, she's oblivious to the fact that I clearly don't want to talk to her. I don't think it matters what I say...
ReplyDeleteOn the upside, I'm halfway through semester and have holidays until Tuesday week.
And besides, I'm transferring mid year. Don't think she'll be following me then :)