Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Please hold the line

What a morning... I've just spent the better part of 3 hours on the phone to various companies trying to sort out bills I've received from when I was living in Bendigo.
It's always scary when you find 'Final Demand' notices sitting there waiting for you.

It pisses me off just a little bit though, I'm normally pretty anal about paying my bills on time and after I left the house I made sure I'd paid what I needed to and even left extra to cover it just in case.
So when I find out that I have debt collectors coming after me I get a little pissed off!

So I ring my old housemate and do the nice thing of asking if he ever paid the bills I left him the money for... His response... 'Yeah man, I got that sorted ages ago!'
My response: *bite tongue to avoid ripping shreds off him* 'Are you sure, because I had a lovely phone call from a debt collector this morning'

The rest of the conversation went something along the lines of 'Well I get paid on Friday, we can sort it out then' -No apology for stealing my money, or for fucking me round. (I don't think he realises that I'm going to be asking for about $300)

GRRRR! And people wonder why I get pissed off at them!

So now I'm wondering what my money really got spent on... and by that I mean, great. I've just funded a weekend of booze and spliff for the little fuckhead.

So I managed to beg and plead with the phone, electricity and gas companies to give me an extension on payments. The first chick I spoke to thought it was quite amusing when I thanked her and told her I was about to rip my old housemate a new arsehole. I guess it was a nice change that my anger was being directed at someone else and not her.

I guess I've learned my lesson here too... Don't trust your housemate to pay things on time.

Bring on Melbourne... (I figure if I keep visualising me moving, it'll be even more likely to happen!)

1 comment:

  1. That's a good lesson you take from this regrettable experience. Too bad you had to waste so much time sorting things out.

    At least moving to Melbourne should keep you one step ahead of the sheriff. (Just kidding.)

    ReplyDelete