Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A gift from the heart?

OK, so I'm not happy that my last post was so freaking angry...
I need something a little happier to end my day with, or at least something a little more calm!

So the biggest thing on my mind right now is a birthday present for a friend of mine.
It's perfect, absolutely perfect... It's hugely personal, and if all goes to plan it will make them laugh, cry and contemplate.
It contains elements of everything I hold dear in our friendship.
Beauty, Hope, Laughter, Courage and a touch of Sweet just to round it all off :)

So I guess my main thought isn't about the present itself at all really, strangely enough the perfect gift came without any thought what so ever. It all just fell nicely into place for me. -You know when you walk down the street and see something and think how perfect that would be as a gift for someone (despite as in this case that their birthday is months away)

What I'm worried about is their reaction to it, and should I give them the present at all?

Maybe I'll leave the gift with the idea that they can open it in their own time...
Or perhaps I should just leave it and wait to see if our friendship survives its current course...
Perhaps I should just get them something more material and less meaningful...
Or maybe I should just grow a set, stop thinking and just not let this gift go to waste...

So many questions... too few answers.
I guess time will tell, perhaps the answer will come to me in my dreams tonight :)

3 comments:

  1. Ohh so many questions, I haven't a clue what to reply to any of them really. However, if I had a friend like you that could put so much thought and care into a present, something meaningful, fun, sweet, touching on all aspects of our friendship, I'd be a happy boy!

    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think its about time I trusted my gut instincts and stop listening so much to my head for a change...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give the present. Of course if your friendship blows up between now and then and it lies around you in tatters and the friend has cut off all contact, you probably would do better not to give it, except as an attempt to restart the friendship. — "I bought this several months ago for your birthday, so I want you to have it."

    ReplyDelete