Well tonight has been interesting to say the least...
Somehow I ended up with the wonderful position of being Designated Driver (I think it may have had something to do with the fact that I was the only one sober enough to drive at the time).
Normally, I'm fine with doing this... I'm not a big drinker at the best of times.
Tonight was a little different though.
Seeing as we had to arrange a baby sitter for the most awesome baby in the entire world (Charli -and no, I'm not being biased at all here), this meant we also had to take her to Casey's sister's house.
No problems you say... except that I had to drive Casey's car (I CBF swapping the baby seat into mine for a 5 minute trip).
The fun part being that Casey's car is manual... me being me kind of lacks the coordination to deal with a clutch pedal.
It's also been quite a while since the last time I even attempted to drive manual!
But after a few bunny hops, I got there... Even managed to do a 3 point turn in it. Much to the amusement of my 2 passengers (somehow Charli slept through the whole ordeal)
The night didn't stop there though, then I got to continue on to the local pub.
Gotta, say this part of the night sucked major balls!
For some reason I'd decided it would be a good idea to get rather dressed up for the occasion (with a quick wardrobe change due to the fact that bubba hurled on me).
So there I was dressed as though I was out in some classy club surrounded by bogans in thongs (flip flops for the Americans reading this) and track suit pants.
I stuck out like a sore thumb! -Even when the guests from a wedding rocked up I still looked out of place and all I was wearing was jeans and a black dress shirt!
It was about then that I decided a) never to go out in this hell hole of a town again and b) never to volunteer to be sober if it does happen.
So yeah, I survived the night and gained a little more confidence in my ability to drive manual... Now I'm curled up in bed with a rather big craving for a few vodka based night caps, oh and a cuddle or three would go down a treat too (but lets not get too carried away!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh Nelo; honestly, if i was anywhere near sober or anywhere near you I would dash over and give you lots of cuddles. But, I am not. So, draw from this comment the knowledge that a night out is never a night wasted! Plus, I am sure that you looked a treat in your dress shirt...
ReplyDeleteWord verification: supsibryi ? (wtf?)
lol, it wasn't a total waste of time. I did catch one guy paying far too much attention to me on more than one occasion (gotta love that Oh shit he's looking at me, quick turn away before he realises I'm checking him out look).
ReplyDeletePlus the chick that my little bro was trying for ages to get was out, she was all over me like a rash. God I wish he had've been there to see it, I love when the chicks he likes end up being more into me than him...