I just want this cold/flu thing to go away already...
I'm a little sick of coughing up fresh oysters every 5 minutes.
Although, from the looks of my sputum I'm on the mend, it's no longer bright green in colour. More of a pale yellow...
Gotta love a good sputum description hey?
Other than that, things appear to have settled down a little around here.
Mum is resisting my efforts to re-decorate the new spare room.
Apparently I can have one or the other and not both. Meh, she'll come round...
It's kinda like when I decided I wanted to paint my room a few years ago, she was happy with the blue and white pinstripe wallpaper. Right up until I ripped a few massive chunks of it off the wall!
I've started looking for houses in Melbourne, not that there's much point right now. It would be pointless applying for them and then telling them I won't be moving for another couple of months. But it is nice to see what's floating around at the moment.
My only other issue is my lack of income currently, I thought it would be fun not having a job for the first time in 10yrs. I was wrong, it's boring as all fuck!
I've got no idea how people choose to live off Centrelink benefits for most of their adult lives.
Sitting around home all day while your friends are at work sucks balls, granted it gives me time to study. But that doesn't pay the bills (well, not for a couple of years at least).
I think I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and go back to being a hospitality bitch for a few months. Actually, that doesn't sound so bad...
It'll be nice to be in a restaurant again for once, bit of a change from what I'm used to doing hospitality wise.
- For those who don't know, I used to work as a cook for a gourmet mobile catering company. So usually the kitchens I was in were in a Marquee stuck out in the middle of a paddock somewhere (apparently its the done thing for country breeders to get married that way)
I'm almost tempted to ring my old boss to see if she'd let me come work for her again.
I actually kind of miss the hellish shifts we used to pull where the two of us would be running the kitchen and food service for 300 guests with a staff of 10 people on the floor.
As horrid as that may sound to some, I really did love it. In fact, she had to fire me when I moved last year just so I wasn't putting myself out and travelling for 2+ hrs just to go work a little function for her.
I believe she deemed it as releasing me under the idea that even prisoners get time off for good behaviour!
Even as I sit here I have a smile on my face just remembering some of the crazy stunts we pulled over the time I worked with her...
But no, those days are over... I've taken enough back steps recently. I need to move forward! I'll never get to Melbourne if I just keep falling back to what I'm comfortable doing.
Perhaps its time for me to employ a few CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) techniques on myself just to ensure in my mind that I will succeed at this crazy dream of mine!
I also love that Mum bumped into my mechanic down the street and he was telling her how a total layman could've done a better job of my car than my brother did. Apparently cars are a lot less scary than I thought, you really do just need to take the time to read the manual.
So remembering that one for next time... Actually, the only reason why I didn't do it myself was because Mr Angry had spread pieces of it from one end of the garage to the other and I had no idea where anything was.
Maybe I should've done it anyways, a prissy gay guy doing a better job of it than the almighty Mr Angry... Now that would've been funny to see!
So in conclusion:
Spare Room: Currently under negotiation
Job: I have a few ideas to follow up
Car: Back Monday :)
Me: Sick, but getting better.
Uni: 9 weeks left till I transfer!
Mr Angry (aka little bro): No idea, he's someone elses problem now. hehehe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds good.
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, and I figured out he's in the Outer Western suburbs of Melbourne... so he'll be no where near me!
ReplyDelete