My last couple of posts have been a bit heavy for my liking, so I figured I'd write something normal for once...
It's 2:30pm and I'm sitting here on my bed in just my underwear (I just got out of the shower).
Not sure why I'm putting off getting dressed, but I kinda like sitting here by myself in my current attire.
I've achieved very little for the day so far, despite the fact that I've been awake since 10am. I'm downloading the Bare soundtrack at the moment, I've had the track 'No Voice' running through my head ever since I first heard it and thought this might be a good way to get it 'unstuck'.
Other than that, I'm looking forward to the next few days.
I'm having my hair cut tomorrow which is always fun. I love the girls at the salon I go to. There's none of the meaningless hairdresser gossip and talking about the weather.
We share much more interesting stories... like the time Pete lost his 'V' plates in Darwin. Never thought I'd have a hairdresser telling me about how he lost his virginity, not entirely sure how it came up in conversation either.
So that's my Friday covered...
Saturday is gonna be even more fun :)
Aside from having to endure Public Transport again (I think I'll make sure I remember to pack my iPod and coursework this time!)
I'm meeting one of my mates for lunch at his place, which should be most amusing. The boy is just one big innuendo. But aside from that, I love that he's actually cooking lunch for me!
Then it's back to the city to catch up with my sister for a bit, can't wait to hear all about her travels in India and the Prince she met there.
After that... well that's where the highlight of the night comes into play.
LX has invited me along to see him perform in the production he's been so busy with for the last few months.
I'm using this as my first 'spend some time alone' evening (see 'Can candy live proud?' post). LX thinks it doesn't count cause he'll still be there. But I disagree... I don't get to interact with him or sit in the audience with him. It counts!
But right now, I think I need to find some pants... cause I begin babysitting duties in 30mins. Easiest job in the world btw, although I think I'm gonna avoid having a nap with Charli today cause I was up till about 3am last night cause I wasn't tired!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like to delay putting anything on after a shower for as long as possible, so I'm not in my underwear until I'm getting completely dressed. But it took me a long time to lose the imperative of covering up even when no one was there to see anything. I was 58 before I began regularly sleeping naked. And it was only when I was 61 and had the house to myself most of the time that I was able to extend my clothes-free periods to daytime and evening.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good couple of days you have ahead of you. Enjoy your evening "alone."