Thursday, March 25, 2010

Good News :)

Today is shaping up to be possibly the best day of the year so far...
Why? Simple... My little brother has managed to get a job in Melbourne somewhere starting this Monday and so he's moving out sometime in the next day or so.

Why can't every day start with news that good?

I should probably feel a little bad that I'm so happy about this, but I don't.
For me it means that I don't have to stash all my things randomly around the house in the hopes that he doesn't find them!
It means I won't have to hide away in my bedroom quite so much to avoid having to see him.
No more treading on egg shells in order to avoid setting off his psychotic temper, no more listening to him come home on a Saturday night drunk and shagging whatever disease ridden piece of arse he's managed to pick up at the pub that night.
I don't have to listen to screaming matches between him and Mum because she's asked him to do something like take his dog for a walk and him calling her every profanity in the English language you can think of because he's tired from being at work all day.
I don't have to ever hear the phrase 'You don't work, you just talk and push paper all day.' -If only it were possible to have him walk in my shoes for a day, I'd love to see how he feels after spending a day fixing up everyone elses stuff ups on top of counseling people through their own issues! I'd take physical labour over mental torment any day!

Sadly, I don't feel bad about this at all. In fact, if I had my way I wouldn't bother speaking to him again.
For years I've given him money when he had none (most of the time, leaving me flat broke). I've played mediator and fixed his issues behind the scenes making sure that Mum and Dad didn't just kick him out of home then and there.
Hell, I even payed for his girlfriend to get the morning after pill on one occasion!
But does any of this register in his books? Hell no... I'm just paying him back for all the good he's done me.
Like when he smoked a joint with me one night and he went straight to Mum and told her I was on drugs... I took the fall for that one and didn't bother pointing out that it was his idea and his pot that we were smoking!
Or more recently, when he offered to fix my car for me because I couldn't afford to take it to a mechanics... 3 months later, all he'd really managed to do was take my car to pieces. In the end, its gone to the mechanics anyways, so really he just fucked me over there too.

The best thing about him moving out though is that we now have a spare bedroom at home. Something I intend to use to my advantage.
I've already got great plans for it, if I have my way (and I'm sure Mum won't argue) all his pornographic posters will be thrown out and I'll be re-painting his whole room and turning it into my games room/study.
Of course there will still be a bed in there for when guests come. But I intend to pretty much wipe his existence from this house and show him just how it feels to come home and not feel welcome.
I'm sure that sounds petty, but it's about time he realised that he's not the centre of the universe (despite the fact that his ego is large enough to have its own gravitational pull!).

But best of all, I'm looking forward to the moment where he realises just how good he has it living here at home. He doesn't have to lift a finger around here, doesn't pay for a thing and yet still thinks he runs the show.
Its gonna be one hell of a wake up call for him, and to be honest, I can't wait to see him fall flat on his face! Melbourne is gonna eat him alive, noone will take his shit down there.
So, good luck to you little bro... Try to use your ego to cushion your fall... It'll hurt less than landing flat on your face!

In other news... there's only 9 weeks left of semester :)
Which means a little over 2 months until I move to Melbourne myself. WOO!

5 comments:

  1. When you get to Melb, don't let him know where to find you.

    (Unfortunately, that may require not letting your rents know where he can find you — electronic communication only.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He won't care enough to come find me anyways, so it won't be a problem.
    I'm rather looking forward to all of this actually.
    The parentals will have to play by my rules for once :) -Boy are they gonna hate that!

    Not that any of them ever have the time to visit anyways, hell I was living 40mins away last time and Mum only came to visit once and that was because she was dropping some of my stuff off to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you know them all better than I do. But given your li'l bro's parasitic behavio(u)r, I'd have thought that when he gets in trouble (for example, sacked or in deep debt or evicted) as you are sure he will be, if he knows you're in the city too, his first impulse will be to come running to you to bail him out, or give him a place to stay. And if he knows you're there but doesn't know where you are, he'll ask Mum. And wouldn't she tell him?

    But maybe my imagination is too vivid. Maybe no one will ever tell him you're there, and maybe no one would ever disclose your address to him when he falls on his face.

    Still, in your place, given the history you've recited, I'd make as sure as I could that it would be impossible for him to track you down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. His first point of call is always Mum.
    He'll know I'm there, its impossible for me to avoid that little piece of news from reaching his ears.
    He'll only ever get in contact with me via my mobile though, which I don't mind too much. It's just as easy to hit the red button as it is the green one...
    It's still a little sad when one feels the need to disown a sibling, but sometimes these things need to be done for the greater good...
    Still, I live in hope that one day he will realise that the world doesn't owe him anything and its about time he started paying back some of his debts to those that have given him a hand up in the past :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Addit.: I should have my car back tomorrow, the ebay item that got delivered to my old house has been replaced and will be couriered to me on Monday.
    All in all... an awesome freaking day!

    ReplyDelete