Saturday, March 6, 2010

Mr C

So I was fixing up Mamma's laptop today (for those keeping tabs, yes... I use the words Mum, Mother and Mamma interchangably depending on my mood), and came across an MSN conversation that I had saved between myself and the infamous hate mail sender that LX has made mention of in his blog.
The conversation was nothing ground breaking, just me trying to make an unreasonable person see common sense... (With some rather amusing results -If it didn't require me changing his name about 300 times, I would post it here)

I don't know what to make of him, I've come to the conclusion that he needs help and possibly some heavy medication. But other than that, I'm at a total loss.
Normally I can figure someone out pretty quickly and have a fair idea of what drives them. But he eludes me and as such... here is his story:

To begin with he added me on Facebook (as all good psychos do these days!) and we chatted for a while before progressing to swapping MSN details. He seemed like a nice guy, so we swapped mobile numbers too.
All was good, while I was in the city on NYE with one of my mates I got bored while waiting to catch the train back home and knowing that he was out and about that night, I texted him to see what he was up to.
This turned into us meeting... and consequently, LX and I meeting for the first time too. (It's kind of obvious who caught my attention, but that part of the story has already been written by LX so I won't focus on that).

Anyway, after a brief meeting we parted ways. Mr C continued to text me for the next few hours drilling me about my thoughts. Every reply I sent avoided answering the direct questions of 'what do you think of me?' and instead answered with things like well LX seemed pretty cool.
Later that day, Mr C rang me and because I had nothing better to do I talked utter shit to him as I walking to the shops and back (as one does). -He boasted about his efforts the previous night and told a few lies to make himself seem the better person.
The phonecalls continued, and I thought I'd made it pretty clear that I wasn't interested in anything more than just being his friend.
It wasn't until he started discussing plans for taking me to a concert, Sydney's Mardi Gras, Melbourne's Midsumma Festival and going on Easter Holidays with his family that I realised that my message had been misinterpreted somewhere along the way.

Meanwhile, LX and I had begun to develop our own relationship.
Mr C knew this and when I told him straight out that I had no interest in him other than being just friends he flipped.
One minute he'd carry on a rational conversation, the next he'd be threatening to kill himself, then he'd be all apologetic the next moment.

I truly felt sorry for him, so I did what I do and tried to talk him through what was happening. To explain that I wasn't trying to get him out of the picture like he thought and that none of this had anything to do with LX, that I would've had the 'lets be friends' talk with him regardless.




This just made things worse... LX copped hate mail, I copped the sickly sweet side of things. It was like meeting Jekyll and Hyde in person!
Every morning I'd wake up to emails on Facebook, texts, emails, phone calls... any means of communication he could muster.
And each day he'd get the same reply (if any) -That he needed to take time out from me. I even told him that I was blocking him from everything for a week to give him some space.
This made no difference, in the end I asked one thing of him... to leave me and LX be as I was no longer interested in speaking to him, that I had enough issues in my life without trying to help him deal with his.
Somehow, he took that as a threat... So I just ignored him.

All was good for a few months, until last night... Randomly out of the blue I get a text from him saying 'Hey stranger how you doing? How's uni treating ya? What's been going on?'
My reply? 'Who's this?'
And then the old Mr C came out again... he got angry (it's quite easy to tell because his typos increase 10 fold and nothing really makes sense).
He demanded to know why I hated him, so I replied that I didn't, that I actually felt sorry for him.
I then followed up with a 'Could you please delete me from your phone? I don't want any further contact from you.'

Haven't heard back from him since... but I get the feeling it won't be the last time either.

The bit that annoys me most of my brush with Mr C, is that he somehow imagined that we were the best of friends purely because we'd spent a few hours on the phone together.
Worse... that I was some kind of prize he and LX were fighting for!

I'm not sure if I feel guilty about what I've done, for some reason I feel as though I led him on. That somehow I could've been clearer... Even though I know there was nothing I could do -I was honest, what more is there?
I'd go so far as to say I wish I'd never met him, but then I would never have met LX.
And the journey he's taken me on so far is worth far more than the moments of confusion Mr C has given me.

So I guess, for that I need to thank him. Without Mr C so many great things would never have come to pass.

And although you'll never read this, Mr C, I wish you all the best in life.
May you find love and happiness but more so, may you one day seek the help you so sorely need. (Failing that, at least someone else to abuse... Cause I'm a bit over the whole Jekyll/Hyde thing)

3 comments:

  1. No... instead I got his sloppy seconds as he so nicely pointed out to me.
    Still... we all do silly things when we're deliriously tired! So don't stress too much, I'm not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd advise keeping these messages. He could turn libellous or violent, and you may need them to prove how out of touch with reality he is. Maybe you'll need to get a restraining order against him. There seems to be a threat of slander in the message LX quotes.

    ReplyDelete